|Abilities||When played: This gets +1 for each Plant and Zombie.|
|He grew up on the wrong side of the garden.|
Tough Beets is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 5 to play, and has 6/1. It has the Armored 1 trait, and its ability gives it +1 for each plant and zombie on the field when it is played.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Trait: Armored 1
- Ability: When played: This gets +1 for each Plant and Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
He grew up on the wrong side of the garden.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
Tough Beets has really good base stats (assuming there is a good number of plants or zombies on field) for a moderate cost of 5. Strategies with Super-Phat Beets should apply here as it gains more health for each plant and zombie. The Armored trait makes it immune to zombies that have only 1, preventing the opponent from using weak zombie fighters to slowly whittle down the Tough Beets.
Keep in mind that it is heavily not recommended to use this card if there are fewer plants and zombies on the field, as it will be very easy to take out and most likely won't be worth the 5.
Having the Armored trait will make it very difficult for the player to take down Tough Beets, as attacks and damaging tricks will be reduced by 1. However, using tricks that would destroy Tough Beets, such as Rocket Science or Locust Swarm can simply ignore the Armored trait it has. Sneaky heroes can also use Deadly zombies. Bouncing this with Backyard Bounce can help. Making this useless using Shrink Ray and Landscaper is a good way to treat this too, as they affect its strength directly.
- If one looks closely, it seems to be holding a wooden toothpick in its mouth on its card. However, the toothpick is not seen in-game.
- Its name is plural even though the plant is only one beet.
- It and Super-Phat Beets have similar abilities, gaining boosts that depending on the numbers of plants and zombies on the field when played.
- Both of them also appear to enlarge when they use their abilities.
- Other than that, both of them are based on the Beet.