- For other uses, see Tomb Raiser Zombie (disambiguation).
Tomb Raiser Zombie is the tenth zombie encountered in Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. He is also present in Plants vs. Zombies Online. Tomb Raiser Zombie has the ability to throw bones that create tombstones if they land on any unoccupied space, which makes him an environment modifier.
His appearance is based on Anubis, the Egyptian god of mummification and afterlife. This relates to the zombies because they are wearing mummy wrappings and are undead. His name may be a pun for Tomb Raider.
He will spit out a bone from his mouth and throw it on the lawn to create tombstones.
Tomb Raiser Zombie, like Mummy Zombies, is also encased in bandages. However, unlike the regular variants of Mummy Zombies, Tomb Raiser Zombie's bandages are less torn. He wears a black dog-like mask with red eyes on it with a blackened nose; a yellow-colored interior portion of the ear and the sides of the mask extend up to the cheeks of Tomb Raiser Zombie. From his neck up to his sternum, he wears a black vest with three square-shaped designs colored in orange. Finally, on his right wrist, he wears a golden bracelet.
Throws out bones to create tombstones.
Special: creates tombstones on the lawn
He dreams about playing fetch, running for brains. He loves burying himself in the yard, and is not yet indoor trained. He's still looking for his tail.
Death God Zombie
Troop Capacity: 2
Training Cost: 15
Training Time: 3 minutes
In order to gain respect from others, he learned the skill on how to raise zombies from tombstones.
Pleague Pharmacy effect: Raises an army of zombies from tombstones.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Tomb Raiser Zombie absorbs 25.25 normal damage shots. His appearance changes upon absorbing 12.75 normal damage shots before dying at 25.25 normal damage shots.
Plants vs. Zombies Online
Tomb Raiser Zombie absorbs exactly 10 normal damage shots. His appearance changes upon absorbing 5 normal damage shots before dying at 10 normal damage shots.
Adventure Mode ability
Targets three random plants and fling bones at said plants to deal heavy damage.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
You must try to quickly kill him before he creates more tombstones. This could lead to a lawn filled with all tombstones and forcing you to spend Power Ups to remove them. Two Bloomerangs are recommended to deal more damage to the Tomb Raiser Zombie while multiple Phat Beets are useful for clearing tombstones. Snapdragon and Coconut Cannon are unnecessary to use in order to destroy the Tomb Raiser Zombie because Snapdragon's range is close and Coconut Cannon needs to have a clear path to hit him. Bowling Bulbs are effective against Tomb Raiser Zombies if there are groups of zombies in other lanes as the bouncing bulbs can bounce through other lanes and deal massive damage. However, this may depend on luck.
In Pyramid of Doom, Tomb Raiser Zombie along with Pharaoh Zombies, Explorer Zombies, and Mummified Gargantuars can be very threatening. While Gargantuars absorb damage, Tomb Raiser Zombies in numbers will create more tombstones to hinder your defense production while the Explorer Zombies will instantly kill your plants with his torch as the Pharaoh Zombies will proceed, as his sarcophagus absorbs a lot of damage. This can cause a lot of trouble. Bring the Cherry Bomb or Grapeshot if ever things get rough or better yet, increase the number of Melon-pults and Winter Melons that you have. You could also bring a Laser Bean or Fume-shroom so that they can target multiple tombstones in their lane as well as Tomb Raiser Zombie himself. Just be sure to have enough sun producing plants first and an extreme amount of sun.
Do not use Plant Food on the straight shooting-based plants against this zombie when there are tombstones in front of them. It will only compound your problems, as the tombstones will block them all, wasting Plant Food. Exceptions are anything that can bypass the tombstones such as Red Stinger.
Note: Avoid using Primal Peashooter and Citron when you see this zombie on the seed slot as they do not splash damage and tombstones will block all their powerful shots. Using their plant food abilities against it is also useless.
- Killing the zombie with an instant-kill plant (e.g. Jalapeno), if the bone gets thrown into the same lane, it will not spawn a tombstone.
- When he regurgitates a bone, he makes a croaking noise.
- Killing a Tomb Raiser Zombie before he can raise a tombstone will earn the player the achievement A-noob-is.
- A Tomb Raiser Zombie can only throw six bones.
- If the player chills him, the eyes on his headdress will glow blue.
- Tomb Raiser Zombies summoned by Zombot Sphinx-inator will create the first tombstone backwards then the remaining five forwards.
- He is one of two zombies based on Egyptian gods, the other one being Ra Zombie.
- He can create tombstones on Power Tiles made by Tile Turnips, on lava tiles made by Lava Guava, on ice floes in Frostbite Caves and on Gold Tile in Epic Quests.
- The player can stop a grave from spawning by planting a plant on the tile where the bone is landing.
- He shares the walking, eating, and dying animation of basic zombies from Pirate Seas.
- His Almanac entry stereotypically refers to dogs. This is probably because Anubis' mask resembles a dog.
- His ability of throwing bones itself is also related to dogs.
- He can create tombstones backwards if he is spawned from a portal on the sixth column in Modern Day.
- In one of the Epic Quests, a Tomb Raiser Zombie can spawn a grave on a slider tile, possibly an oversight.
- He can throw bones onto tiles occupied by another tombstone or another plant, despite not spawning a new tombstone and essentially not doing anything. This is caused by most spaces near him being filled with plants, tombstones, or a mix of the two.
- He cannot throw bones backwards, unless he is summoned past the second column.
- This means he can only throw bones backwards if he is summoned by a portal, sandstorm, or snowstorm.