Toadstool is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. She costs 6 to play, and has 4/4. She does not have any traits, and her abilities destroy the zombie with 4 or less on her lane when she is played, and give the plant hero +1 at the start of every turn, starting from the next turn after she is played.
She was added in the 2016 Feastivus event, but was not obtainable until the New Year event. She was available from January 3, 2017 to January 10, 2017. She is now craftable.
- Class: Solar
- Tribes: Mushroom Animal Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: When played: Destroy a Zombie here with 4 or less. Start of turn: You get +1 this turn.
- Set: Event
Toadstool can't stand being idle. When there's work to be done, she's always the first to hop to it.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
- Animations added.
Toadstool is like The Smash's signature superpower, Slammin' Smackdown but with a little twist. Unlike his superpower, Toadstool costs a lot more, but comes with a decent plant that produces sun. In other words, she behaves similarly to Chomper, except with better stats, a tribe synergy, and the ability to produce sun like Sunflower. Use her like how you would use Chomper, but with greater benefits to take out some stronger zombies like Portal Technician, Undying Pharaoh, and others.
For zombies with enough strength to evade Toadstool's ability, you can play strength-reducing cards like Water Balloons, Scorched Earth and Weed Whack to allow her destroy any zombie with less than 6 or 5 strength such as Shieldcrusher Viking, Trickster, Deep Sea Gargantuar, Zombot Plank Walker, etc. If you keep weakening stronger zombies multiple times, it is also possible to destroy powerful zombies like Octo Zombie or Zombot 1000.
While Toadstool isn't very powerful, her instant-kill ability is very dangerous. The best counter for her ability is to play high-strength zombies to fight her, or Gravestone zombies to avoid them from being destroyed before they can fight. However, Wall-Knight can play Doom-Shroom and Grave Buster instead, so do not always rely on this strategy when you are against him.
For Toadstool herself, instant-kill tricks like Rocket Science and Locust Swarm can easily destroy her, while Cakesplosion and Final Mission can deal enough damage to destroy her, unless she is boosted.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Toadstool (PvZH).
- She, Red Stinger and Lava Guava are the only plants tied to Lost City to return as cards in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Her description is nearly identical to the first and last sentences of her Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- She is the third confirmed female mushroom featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, the first being Grow-Shroom and the second Button Mushroom.
- She is the only mushroom out of these three to be featured in another Plants vs. Zombies game.
- She is the second mushroom plant in the Solar class, the first being Fume-Shroom, the third being Sun-Shroom, and the fourth being Sunnier-Shroom.
- In update 1.12.6, Toadstool used to play her sun-producing animation only in the player's side. This was apparently a bug.
- She is the most expensive mushroom card and sun-producing card in the game.
- She also has the highest health out of any sun-producing plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.