|Weakness||Vulnerable while chewing|
|Sun production||50 sun per digested enemy|
|Direct damage||2.5 normal damage shots (on inedible target)|
|Unlocked|| NA: $4.99 · EU: €4.99|
BR: R$10.00 · PL: 20,66zł
SG: $5.98 · UK: £3.99
|Unlocked (China)||Collect 10 Toadstool Puzzle Pieces|
|Toadstool just can't stand being idle. "I keep everything that I want to do on lists, and keep the lists where I can see them so that I'm always motivated!" she said. Whenever there's work to be done, she's always the first to hop to it.|
Toadstool is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. She was released on June 23, 2015 for $4.99, and her price was reduced to $3.99 after the 2015 Food Fight event. However, her price was restored to $4.99 after Cold Snapdragon was released.
Like Chomper, Toadstool can eat most types of zombies but will take 30 seconds to fully digest an enemy, during which Toadstool is vulnerable to attacks. When confronted with obstacles such as tombstones and surfboards, or an inedible enemy like the Pianist Zombie, Toadstool will use her tongue to attack, dealing 2.5 normal damage shots per attack, which is quarter the damage of Chomper, but at 4x the speed, thus causing the damage per second to be the same. The main differences between the Chomper and the Toadstool are that Toadstool costs 50 more sun, but will produce 50 sun after fully digesting a zombie, and can extend her tongue forward 2 tiles to kill or damage enemies, while Chomper can only eat a zombie that is directly in front of him.
Toadstools cannot consume the following zombies:
- Gargantuar variants (including Gargantuar Prime, Jurassic Gargantuar and Flying Gargantuar)
- Barrel Roller Zombie (with his barrel)
- Pianist Zombie
- Zombie Chicken and Ice Weasel (will attack them with her tongue but not eat them)
- Zombie Bull
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Disco-tron 3000
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Zombie King
- Cavalry Zombie (horse)
- Fisherman Zombie
Toadstool is based on the term toadstool, another word used to refer to mushrooms. The name is also a play on the word Toad, as Toadstool displays many toad-like attributes, such as her long, sticky tongue and a vocal sac.
SUN COST: 200
SPECIAL: Chew Speed
Toadstools gulp down zombies whole, then produce sun.
Weakness: vulnerable while chewing
Toadstool just can't stand being idle. "I keep everything that I want to do on lists, and keep the lists where I can see them so that I'm always motivated!" she said. Whenever there's work to be done, she's always the first to hop to it.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Toadstool grabs up to four random zombies in a 5x3 area, chews for a short amount of time and then produces 50 sun for each zombie she ate. If there are only inedible zombies in the area, Toadstool will instead attempt to attack them; if there are no targets available, Toadstool will do nothing (so players should not waste a Plant Food on a Toadstool if there are few or no zombies in its area).
When Toadstool swallows zombies, she will release a smog cloud, which stops zombies on contact.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||200||5 seconds||3 bites||50 sun||30 seconds||Close|
|2||10||1,000||200||5 seconds||3.5 bites||60 sun||25 seconds|
|3||75||5,000||200||4.5 seconds||4 bites||60 sun||20 seconds|
|4||200||10,000||175||4.5 seconds||4.5 bites||60 sun||20 seconds|
|5||400||20,000||175||4.5 seconds||5.5 bites||60 sun||15 seconds|
|6||750||30,000||175||4 seconds||6 bites||60 sun||15 seconds|
|7||1,000||40,000||175||4 seconds||6.5 bites||75 sun||15 seconds|
|8||1,000||50,000||175||3.5 seconds||7 bites||75 sun||10 seconds|
|9||1,500||60,000||175||3.5 seconds||8 bites||75 sun||10 seconds|
|10||2,000||75,000||150||3 seconds||9 bites||100 sun||10 seconds|
*Column shows the amount of sun produced by each chewed zombie during the Plant Food effect.
Toadstool can be considered an upgrade to Chomper in most cases; while she initially costs 50 more sun, her ability to generate sun from eating zombies means that Toadstool can quickly refund this investment. Her increased attacking range also assists her in combating inedible threats such as Robo-Cone Zombies, Mecha-Football Zombies, and Gargantuars by giving her extra time to damage them. However, Toadstool continues to suffer from Chomper's greatest weakness, namely the long digestion time during which she is rendered vulnerable to attacks, meaning that Chomper's problem of dealing with hordes of zombies is also an issue with Toadstool.
Generally speaking, any plants that is capable of delaying zombies can greatly help Toadstool by defending her while she is digesting zombies. This includes:
- Stunning plants such as Iceberg Lettuce and Kernel-pult.
- Slowing plants such as Winter Melon and Sap-fling.
- Defensive plants such as Wall-nut and Endurian.
- Plants that can push enemies back such as Primal Peashooter and Chard Guard.
Toadstool is particularly useful in Sun Bombs levels, as she is one of the few sun-producing plants allowed in these levels. While the dropped sun is generally enough for building defenses, the sun generated by Toadstool will give the player much more freedom in using instant plants or repairing defenses. Sun Bean can also be substituted in these levels, and when paired with Toadstool, they can give the player more than the expected amount of sun on these levels.
Toadstool can also be used to defeat Chicken Wrangler Zombies from Wild West and Weasel Hoarders from Frostbite Caves without them releasing their respective payloads, although it should be remembered that both worlds have inedible threats that can get past Toadstools - namely Zombie Bulls and Troglobites with their frozen blocks.
Toadstool can eat octopi without needing to chew, making them an ideal counter for the Octo Zombie. Addtionally, she can also be used to counter Arcade Zombie, since she can destroy the arcade machine quickly. Be careful if the latter's jam is playing, however, if Toadstool does not destroy the arcade machine before 8-bit Zombies are spawned, she can get easily overwhelmed if there are no other plants to support her.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Toadstool.
- She is the most expensive mushroom (in terms of sun cost) in the whole series.
- She displays a functional vocal cord in her idle animation; this is illogical however as only male toads have vocal cords, while Toadstool is stated to be female in the Almanac.
- Toadstool could be a hermaphrodite (genetically being both male and female), which would make sense since most real plants are.
- In the 3.6 update, she could be used in Last Stand levels.
- She is referred to as female in the Almanac, but male in the developer diary for Lost City Part 2.
- She will continue to make chewing noises and produce sun even after the level ends or when the player is on the rewards screen.
- Despite being a toad, she is not able to be planted in the water in Big Wave Beach.
- There is a glitch when she sticks out her tongue and consumes a zombie, and the player exits the level and returns to it. She will simply shake up and down, her mouth open, and she will stay that way until the level ends, or if she is consumed or dug up.
- She is the first mushroom in which their name does not end with the suffix, -shroom.
- In the Chinese version, zombies grabbed by her tongue become confused. However, this doesn't affect her performance.
- According to the credits, she is voiced by Aaron Schneider.
- She, Venus Flytrap (Plant Food effect), Chomper and Dinosaur Roar Grass are the only plants that can eat zombies.
- She is the only premium plant that is able to produce sun.
- She is the first confirmed female mushroom, the second being Grow-Shroom and third being Button Mushroom.
- If Toadstool is created by a Witch Hazel in a Special Delivery level, she will not produce any sun, similar to Moonflower in Modern Day - Day 34 and Modern Day - Day 44.