Wikia

Plants vs. Zombies Wiki

Gargantuar in Plants vs. Zombies 2

  • with the update of PVZ 2 gargantuar WILL appear on levels, what is a good strategy against he?

      Loading editor
    • Buy jalapeno and squash

        Loading editor
    • No Money= Cherry Bomb

        Loading editor
    • TooTall-Nut wrote:
      No Money= Cherry Bomb

      And maybe a Potato-Mine.

        Loading editor
    • Jalapeno,Squash and Cherry bomb are the main gargantuar slayers tho lol

        Loading editor
    • Wtf are you talking about peoples

        Loading editor
    • or, how about

      a combination power of melon-pult, winter-melon, cherry bomb, lightning reed, coconut cannon and bloomerang. (squee)

        Loading editor
    • I wonder if Plant Food Snapdragon will kill a Gargantuar in one go, since it already does that with the Pharaoh Zombie. If so, it might be good to use them in endless planting two in the 2nd and 4th rows and making sure you have enough plant food... though I don't know if it would work well with Winter Melons.

        Loading editor
    • Just use winter melon. Just like in the first game.

      (Although several winter melon would be better)

        Loading editor
    • Can gargantuars in future suits be in the Far Future? Because Popcap and EA are having an idea about gargantuars in the Far Future...

        Loading editor
    • man.... i wish the mushrooms appear in PvZ2

      Doom-shroom you must be summoned! :P

        Loading editor
    • Klump! Presentation wrote:
      Can gargantuars in future suits be in the Far Future? Because Popcap and EA are having an idea about gargantuars in the Far Future...

      You mean jump suits? :P

        Loading editor
    • The best way in this game to kill him is with Nutrients to Repeaters and Peashooters.

      P.S. ADD THE GATLING PEA AT FAR FUTURE!

        Loading editor
    • Charmande red321 wrote:
      man.... i wish the mushrooms appear in PvZ2

      Doom-shroom you must be summoned! :P

      yes! the doom shroom must be summoned!

        Loading editor
    • Cheetos192 wrote:
      The best way in this game to kill him is with Nutrients to Repeaters and Peashooters.

      P.S. ADD THE GATLING PEA AT FAR FUTURE!

      the gatling pea will not be in this game since the peashooter turns into one when you use plant food on it.

        Loading editor
    • GardenmasterXX wrote:
      Cheetos192 wrote:
      The best way in this game to kill him is with Nutrients to Repeaters and Peashooters.

      P.S. ADD THE GATLING PEA AT FAR FUTURE!

      the gatling pea will not be in this game since the peashooter turns into one when you use plant food on it.

      I think he is forcing PopCap to make Gatling Pea appear in PvZ2.

        Loading editor
    • The gatling pea has a submachine gun in its firer; the PL peashooter doesn't.


        Loading editor
    • I want the glating pea too but if they're not going to add it, they better add another powerful plant (as a peashooter I mean). It is boring to fight against Gargantuars only using wintermelons... And, since torchwood is a premium plant, repeater is useless in high levels of the Challenge zones...

        Loading editor
    • Maxed out pea pods could help.

        Loading editor
    • I also fogot to add that their gonna be harder now that spikerock has been nerfed.

        Loading editor
    • Plant food in following plants will work too.

      Ancient Egypt = Potato Mine (same row as Mummified Gargantuar)

      Pirate Seas = Snapdragon (2 in a row in 2 different snapdragons when the Gargantuar is in range of 3 x 3 square)

      Wild West = Pea Pod (repeat plant food in the same pea pod until Gargantuar is killed

      I haven't come up with a strategy for the Imps yet... I'll try!

        Loading editor
    • PnFforever wrote:
      or, how about

      a combination power of melon-pult, winter-melon, cherry bomb, lightning reed, coconut cannon and bloomerang. (squee) 


      Aren't the plants on conveyer belts? You don't get to choose your plants, you have to make do with what they give you!


        Loading editor
    • Rsamsl103 wrote:
      PnFforever wrote:
      or, how about

      a combination power of melon-pult, winter-melon, cherry bomb, lightning reed, coconut cannon and bloomerang. (squee) 


      Aren't the plants on conveyer belts? You don't get to choose your plants, you have to make do with what they give you!



      Oh i see it now, Gargantuar appears in Challenge mode

        Loading editor
    • I hate that you can't use Jalepeno and Squash.

      SPOILER:






      Pssssst...for Pirate Seas: Don't use powerups. Kernel's will butter, Spikes will uhhh..spike!

        Loading editor
    • After the Gargantaur has done a half of damage to my plants and he's not dead, I just kill him with a Power Zap.

        Loading editor
    • RepeaterwithTorchwood wrote:
      I hate that you can't use Jalepeno and Squash.


      Actually, you can use Jalapeno and Squash (and Torchwood and Snow Pea and...), you just have to buy them with money (real world money, they're premium plants)! And if you have them... Well... then I'd recommend that you have 3 or 4 instant kills available at hand.

        Loading editor
    • My usual 6-plant lineup for tackling levels with Gargs are:

      Twin Sunflower, Cherry Bomb, Winter Melon, Pea Pod, Iceberg Lettuce, Squash/Potato Mine/Spring Bean

      Additional Plants: Gravebuster/Spikerock/Wall-nut/Kernel-pult/Melon-pult/Other insta-kill plant/Split Pea/Lightning Reed

      How to win:

      1. Plant 2 columns of sunflowers (1st and 3rd column). The 3rd column of sunflowers is obviously there for the launched imps later on.

      2. Winter melons on the 4th column.

      3. Pea pods on the 2nd column.

      4. Winter melons again on the 5th column.

      5. Replace 1st column of twin sunflowers with pea pods.

      Important things to note:

      Stall on the 1st few waves, this will allow you to set-up your sun economy early on and this will help immensely before the 1st flag starts. Maxxing out your sun economy by stalling the 1st few waves can mean the difference in getting a whole column of winter melons up before the 1st flag.

      Stall Gargs with iceberg lettuce if they come out before the 1st flag. Build up Pea Pods to take care of the Gargs that appear.

      Usually when you have 2 columns of maxed out Pea pods on the 1st 2 columns, imps shouldn't be a problem as they will be quickly killed by the pea pods and not harm the plants in the 3rd column unless two or more imps get launched at the same time on the same lane.

      On pirate seas levels, you can afford to put more sunflowers on unplanked lanes and focus your firepower on planked lanes. Don't get comfortable however as a stray imp cannon or Seagull Zombie can wreck your unplanked lane defense very quickly.

      For Wild West levels, it all comes down to chance on how many mine carts there are and how much rail space gets taken up. Just remember to put up at least 1 winter-melon on every lane so that you'll have more time to plan your next move.

      Don't ever count on your winter-melons to take care of chickens on Wild West levels. It would be good to put a lightning reed on a mine cart on wild west levels with Gargs for early fowl defense.

      Something fun I like to do on Wild West levels is to put a cheap plant on mine carts on the far front and then mess with the gargs by switching the mine cart onto different lanes as they attempt to whack the plant on the mine-cart.

      Rocking split-peas? Make sure to take full advantage of the split-peas ability to fire 2 peas behind him at a time against the Gargantuars.

        Loading editor
    • When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. Chilly Bean

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult or Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.

        Loading editor
    • A few more things I have to add:

      In 35+ levels in Ancient Egypt, be very wary of using Pea Pods when Tomb Raiser zombies are present. Sure they can easily take care of the tomb raiser zommbies and the graves, but this means less damage dealt onto the Gargs themselves. In this case it might be better to use normal melon-pults or grab another insta-kill plant to help you out.

      On 25+ levels of Wild West, a Chicken Zombie rush + Gargs can be very dstructive. It may seem like a good idea to use lightning reeds early on but on levels with 3-4 waves, the lightning reeds won't be able to help to stem the chicken tide for long, in this case, make sure that you have spikeweeds or Bonk Choys to help rid the chicken menace. Personally, Bonk Choys could work much better compared to spikeweeds due to them having some amount of range in their attacks.

      I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to stall during the first few waves to build up your sun economy. These crucial moments are when the littlest of mistakes can turn translate into disaster later on. Plan carefully, stalling waves durinng this time is an art form and you will gain the experience on how to properly stall as time goes by.

        Loading editor
    • EPICMAN7556 wrote:
      Klump! Presentation wrote:
      Can gargantuars in future suits be in the Far Future? Because Popcap and EA are having an idea about gargantuars in the Far Future...
      You mean jump suits? :P

      Future Gargauntars have laser eyes and suits and the imps are robots

        Loading editor
    • My strategy is putting Potato Mines in the back part of the garden and using Iceberg Lettuces and, if you want, a Cherry Bomb.

        Loading editor
    • My Strategy is simple, use Peashooster whit Plant Food, Put a Iceberg Lettuce an Use Plants as a crazy to get time

      Sorry If I Write Bad because Im of Mexico

        Loading editor
    • hello fellow PvZ fans. I have returned from my period of being blocked for two weeks in this wiki. I'm back.

        Loading editor
    • Buy a Squash and Imitater. Imitate the Squash. Double Squash can kill thy Gargantuar.

        Loading editor
    • Plus, there are now four Gargantuars, the one in Egypt, the one in Pirate Seas, the one in the Wild West, and the Holiday Gargantuar.

        Loading editor
    • Fun-fact: the holiday Gargantuar is actually the original Gargantuar in costume. Could this be a hint that present-day Gags would appear in future Pinata Party levels?

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps

        Loading editor
    • PnFforever wrote:
      Fun-fact: the holiday Gargantuar is actually the original Gargantuar in costume. Could this be a hint that present-day Gags would appear in future Pinata Party levels?


      Actually yes. Not only the Zombie, conehead and buckethead zombies appear in every version, but also the gargantuar and imp. So we met ALL the Tutorial zone zombies. tough there may be zOmboss... well. For me that would be possible. 

        Loading editor
    • TheGollddMAN wrote:
      When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. CHILLY BEAN

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult, Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.


      Chilly Beans dont exist.


        Loading editor
    • TheDarknessKnightt wrote:
      TheGollddMAN wrote:
      When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. CHILLY BEAN

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult, Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.


      Chilly Beans dont exist.


      I think he means "Chili Bean."


      That's the fourth person with bad grammer.

        Loading editor
    • EPICMAN7556 wrote:
      TheDarknessKnightt wrote:
      TheGollddMAN wrote:
      When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. CHILLY BEAN

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult, Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.


      Chilly Beans dont exist.


      I think he means "Chili Bean."


      That's the fourth person with bad grammer.

      Sorry, that was a typo on my part. Also, now this is the fifth person with bad *grammar* ;)

        Loading editor
    • TheGollddMAN wrote:
      EPICMAN7556 wrote:
      TheDarknessKnightt wrote:
      TheGollddMAN wrote:
      When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. CHILLY BEAN

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult, Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.


      Chilly Beans dont exist.


      I think he means "Chili Bean."


      That's the fourth person with bad grammer.

      Sorry, that was a typo on my part. Also, now this is the fifth person with bad *grammar* ;)

      I totally see what you did there.

        Loading editor
    • @PnFforever, Ha ha, sorry, couldn't resist doing that. Welcome back.

        Loading editor
    • TheGollddMAN wrote:
      @PnFforever, Ha ha, sorry, couldn't resist doing that. Welcome back.

      Yeah, I know it's a joke. It *better ;)

        Loading editor
    • A Wall Nut (and most likely the Tall Nut) with Plant Food can survive one hit from a Gargantuar, but will get smashed at the second. After the first hit it loses its protection.

        Loading editor
    • TheGollddMAN wrote:
      EPICMAN7556 wrote:
      TheDarknessKnightt wrote:
      TheGollddMAN wrote:
      When against Gargs, this is my line-up:

      1. Twin Sunflower

      2. Squash

      3. Jalapeno

      4. Cherry Bomb

      5. CHILLY BEAN

      6. Winter melon

      7. Either Kernel Pult, Iceberg lettuce or Spring bean (exclusively for Pirate Seas)

      8. Imitater (for any massive damage plant)

      No gargs can survive.


      Chilly Beans dont exist.


      I think he means "Chili Bean."


      That's the fourth person with bad grammer.

      Sorry, that was a typo on my part. Also, now this is the fifth person with bad *grammar* ;)

      Ok, let's just say that we both have bad grammar. I just don't want to get in a fight, becasue then I'll get blocked.

      ...again.

        Loading editor
    • I don't have money in my Ipad how should I defeat Gargantuar

      because I just downloaded it so its the new version the level with the skeleton with a Gargantuar on it all I have is all regular plants

        Loading editor
    • In Big Bad Butte, if the minecarts allow me and I'm not overwhelmed, I try to stall Gargantuars as much as possible. When Gargantuars come near a minecart, plant any plant on it (the best would be spikerock, or some attacking plant). When it's about to smash it quickly move the minecart, then place it back again. The Gargantuar will keep standing there, trying to smash the plant, until your plants kill it. If you have Wintermelons or Snow Peas, that's even better since you can take out more damage that way and easily deal with multiple gargantuars.

      This also works for multiple Gargantuars (I tried, and it worked), but you may get overwhelmed after a while (obviously). I use this for emergencies and early Gargantuars.

        Loading editor
    • Cavia porcellus wrote:
      I wonder if Plant Food Snapdragon will kill a Gargantuar in one go, since it already does that with the Pharaoh Zombie. If so, it might be good to use them in endless planting two in the 2nd and 4th rows and making sure you have enough plant food... though I don't know if it would work well with Winter Melons.

      No, it doesn't work, unfortunantly.

        Loading editor
    • Simple. Power-ups.

        Loading editor
    • In the Wild West, minecarts are amazing stallers. Watch them prepare to smash, then move it out of their way. Pair with spikerock, as it'll still have health if you miss.

        Loading editor
    • It's official. Yesterday's pinata party had only gargantuars and it did have  normal gargantuars, and regular imps.taking an appearance.

        Loading editor
    • Dr. zomboss spawns Gargantuars in all the worlds, making them even more hard to beat.

        Loading editor
    • Chomperboss5633 wrote:
      Dr. zomboss spawns Gargantuars in all the worlds, making them even more hard to beat.

      In pirate seas is a piece of cake, because you can take them with coconut cannons or cherry bombs.

        Loading editor
    • Da Explosion Master wrote:
      Wtf are you talking about peoples

      No.

        Loading editor
    • Tom.wedgwood.7 wrote:
      I also fogot to add that their gonna be harder now that spikerock has been nerfed.

      nerfed?

        Loading editor
    • Cheetos, pirate seas is not, as you don't get cherry bomb or coconut cannon until you beat his level...

        Loading editor
    • Finn Galaxy 2 wrote:
      My Strategy is simple, use Peashooster whit Plant Food, Put a Iceberg Lettuce an Use Plants as a crazy to get time

      Sorry If I Write Bad because Im of Mexico

      Lol me 2.

        Loading editor
    • but, wild west is, for that reason, though during Ancient Egypt and Pirate Seas, i sugest you spam Cabbage Pults with plant food, getting rid of other pesky zombies too.

        Loading editor
    • That is, if you didn't choose Wild West first. XD

        Loading editor
    • Zee-potsnpans wrote:
      I don't have money in my Ipad how should I defeat Gargantuar

      because I just downloaded it so its the new version the level with the skeleton with a Gargantuar on it all I have is all regular plants

      Have cherry bomb?

        Loading editor
    • Tip for Wild West garg. Put a plant u don't care about in the top minecart and let the garg. Try to smash it but before he does move it out of the way. Keep doing that to stall. EDIT:compleins already said this

        Loading editor
    • 54.210.163.53
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki