|Signature Superpower||Slammin' Smackdown|
|Other Superpowers|| Heroic Health|
|The Smash enjoys...SMASHING!|
The Smash is a zombie hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the leader of the Hearty and Beastly classes. His signature superpower is Slammin' Smackdown, which instantly destroys a selected plant with 4 or less.
He is the hero version of Gargantuar.
- Classes: Hearty, Beastly
- Boss Fights:
- Battle Area: Wrestling Ring
The Smash enjoys...SMASHING!
The Smash defends early, then builds up brains for enormous Zombies that are almost as big as he is!
The Smash is mostly known for using Gargantuar zombies, which means his goal for the win is to be on the defensive at the start, only after which he may turn aggressive as the game progresses. It is best to load up on some tough early-game zombies like Arm Wrestler, Sumo Wrestler or Conehead. He can also buff Armored zombies with Loudmouth and other tricks such as Vitamin Z, turning them into ironclad tanks. Instant-kill tricks like Locust Swarm are also worth the use. Since The Smash has access to more Gargantuar zombies than every other zombie hero, use this to your advantage to create strategies using Gargantuars. One such strategy is to use Rodeo Gargantuar and Smashing Gargantuar for combos, as the Rodeo Gargantuar will get Frenzy and be able to move a plant. Gargologist can reduce the cost of Gargantuars, allowing a Smashing Gargantuar on the third turn.
Gargantuars aside, The Smash can also play a deadly pet deck. Cat Lady gets more strength for each pet played, while Zookeeper buffs the strength of all pets whenever a pet is played. Camel Crossing is also part of the pet tribe, allowing you to boost the health of all your pets and trigger the abilities of Cat Lady and Zookeeper. Combining these two cards with other pets will do massive damage to the opposing hero or even finish them off before they have a good chance to play cards that can stop them. He also has the most healing cards of any zombie hero, so use it to your advantage to keep you alive long enough to get out your Gargantuars and other tough late-game zombies. Examples are Medic, Nibble, and Nurse Gargantuar. Alternatively, you can create a sports deck with a few heavy hitters in case of late game, with Energy Drink Zombie being a sports zombie that comes from the Beastly class that only The Smash can use with his sports synergy decks.
Take caution of his Gargantuars as they can spell doom as the game progresses. Unless you are using a high sun cost deck, it is recommended to use Squash to take down his Gargantuars, and using Grave Buster can also prevent dangerous Gravestone zombies from emerging like Sumo Wrestler, Loudmouth, and particularly, Rodeo Gargantuar. Wall-Knight is the best for this job as he can use both Squash and Grave Buster and can become defensive overtime while healing, allowing you to get the upper hand. He can also use Doom-Shroom, which can easily clear the field of Gargantuars. However, be wary of Weed Spray or Rolling Stone.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for The Smash.
- The Smash's design may be based on the stereotypical Hispanic wrestler, sometimes known as luchadores. This is supported with some references to wrestling, primarily in his missions.
- Before the 1.4.14 update, The Smash could use Rock Wall instead of Possessed. This was most likely changed because both Beastly and Hearty can give zombies the Frenzy trait.
- In the first comic strip of A Schooling at Zombie U, The Smash makes an appearance where he is seen eating a book.
- The Smash has access to the most healing zombies and tricks, as well as the most instant-kill tricks, out of any zombie hero.
- The Smash can also play the most Gargantuars, only missing Gargantuars' Feast, Surprise Gargantuar, Wizard Gargantuar, Zombot's Wrath, and Zombot Stomp.
- He shares the same battle music as Brain Freeze.
- When The Smash is on low health, The Smash appears to facepalm, most likely aiming towards himself.
- When a legendary plant is played, the feather on his mask will spin around.
- When the player has the quest "Play 3 Gargantuars", simply playing as The Smash adds 1 to the meter even if you didn't actually play a Gargantuar of any kind. It is unknown if this is a bug or not.