- For other uses, see Zombie Chicken (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Do 2 damage to each Plant.|
|So. Many. Feathers.|
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Pet Trick
- Ability: Do 2 damage to each Plant.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
So. Many. Feathers.
- Icon change: Three Zombie Chickens now appear instead of just one.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
One of the few board-wipe tools available for the zombie side alongside Weed Spray and Acid Rain, The Chickening is designed to fight aggro decks and their high strength, low health fighters. As the game progresses and the plants' overall health increases, The Chickening can continue to function as a powerful, but rather expensive trick to weaken plants in conjunction with Bungee Plumber and Zombot's Wrath. This trick can turn the tables, possibly wiping out all the plants on the field.
Use it like you would use Sour Grapes, but as a trick and the fact it deals more damage. You could also use this to defeat plants in the way of your Anti-Hero zombies so they can land direct hits on the opposing hero (Impfinity only). If you combine this with the Zombot Sharktronic Sub, you can wipe out all plants (except plants Shielded by tricks such as Peel Shield and Root Wall) in one turn, just by playing this trick while the Zombot Sharktronic Sub is on the field. Note that this option is only possible with Impfinity, or Professor Brainstorm (through Eureka). Another option is to simply use this to defend yourself from plants with low health and high strength, but you could also save it for a later use. Playing this trick can also boost pet zombies like Cat Lady and Zookeeper since it is a pet card, which can benefit them well, though only Electric Boogaloo can do this normally.
Avoid using it on plants with the "When hurt" abilities like Hibernating Beary or Mirror-Nut unless it can destroy them. It will activate their abilities and do more harm than help. Especially with Mirror-Nut, do not use it when there are a lot of nuts on the screen or it will deal damage constantly to the zombie hero.
Kabloom heroes should be wary of this trick, as this can wipe out their entire lineup. Increasing health with Grow-Shroom, Storm Front, Steel Magnolia and Bubble Up is a good way to reduce the potential destruction that this causes. It is best to pay attention when Crazy heroes save 4 or more brains, possibly hinting that the player should start protecting their plants.
- Its name may be a reference to the 2008 horror movie "The Happening," a horror film about plants attacking humanity by spraying a deadly mist.
- It is one of the three pet cards in the Crazy class, the others being Abracadaver and Hippity Hop Gargantuar.
- It is the only one out of the three cards that is a trick.