Tents are environment modifiers in Plants vs. Zombies 2 set up by Imp Porters. It will be deployed once an Imp Porter reaches a Gold Tile. After deployed, tents will summon Adventurer Zombies, Conehead Adventurer Zombies, and Buckethead Adventurer Zombies. They can also come in the form of backpacks if an Imp Porter is defeated before reaching a Gold Tile. Backpacks will function the same, but will not spawn zombies and are slightly weaker. Both tents and backpacks act similar to tombstones, surfboards, and frozen blocks as they block incoming projectiles and occupy a tile.
Tents absorb 35 normal damage shots before disintegrating. Backpacks absorb 25 normal damage shots before disintegrating.
- Dropped tents and backpacks can crush most plants, including Ghost Pepper, which normally cannot be crushed.
- Levels will not end until the player destroys all tents remaining on-screen, as they will continue to spawn zombies. However, this only happens if the zombies spawned continously; quickly killing a spawned zombie without destroying the tent can sometimes end the level with the tent in place.
- Sometimes when an Imp Porter drops its backpack, the backpack will self-destruct. This happens when an Imp Porter dies in the last column (where the zombies enter the lawn), or when there is already a backpack behind it.
- The backpack appears to be damaged, as there is a patch sewed onto it.
- It is similar to the arcade machine that Arcade Zombie pushes, as both work as a type of obstacle against plants and can summon zombies.
- Coincidentally, both tent and arcade machine are found in the second part of their respective worlds.
- Dropped backpacks can be seen as the opposite of surfboards, as the surfboard will fall on the tile ahead of the Surfer Zombie while backpacks land on the behind the Imp Porter.
- Electric Blueberry is unable to target tents or backpacks with its attack.
- †: Metallic