|Double Fault Assault|
|Abilities|| Sprint Tackle |
Tennis Star is a Rare variant of the All-Star in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Being one of the first new variants seen in the E3 trailer, Tennis Star's name and gameplay mechanics were revealed in a video on the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook and Twitter page on November 26, 2015. The Tennis Star's speediness does not slow down when his weapon is firing and when he's zooming, and Tennis Star also has the fastest speed of any All-Star variant.
"Tennis Star is a prodigy of sorts. As a young Zombie, he witnessed Dr. Zomboss lose a fight with a tennis ball machine, and he knew he had to harness such immense and hilarious power for himself. Now he wanders the land, shooting tennis balls at everything he sees, quietly giggling under his breath."
Due to his strict training regimen, the Tennis Star moves faster than all other All-Stars!
The Tennis Star's main perk is that he has the fastest speed of any All-Star variant, and also does not slow down when shooting or zooming in unlike the other All-Star variants.
The primary weapon of the Tennis Star is the Double Fault Assault. It deals less damage than the regular All-Star's weapon and possibly overheats slightly quicker in exchange for the Tennis Star's faster speed.
- The close range base damage per hit is 6 and critical is 7.
- The mid range base damage per hit is 5 and critical is 6.
- The long range base damage per hit is 4 and critical is 5.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon has infinite ammo, however it will overheat when used for too long.
- The Tennis Star does not slow down when shots are fired.
- The projectile speed is medium.
- The bloom is low.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, deals 150 damage.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
The Tennis Star is the fastest variant of the All-Star, making the Tennis Star extremely useful for quickly rushing into gardens or getting to objectives quicker. Combining his speed with his high health makes him a large threat for plants as he can survive long in a battle and can easily make a quick escape. It can also be easier to shoot from afar as Tennis Star does not slow down when he shoots, meaning Tennis Star can shoot and evade danger at the same time. However, his quick movement speed while shooting may make it harder to hit plants for some players. Try to move in one direction at a time while shooting, rather than zigzagging. This may help with aiming while in motion.
- Tennis Stars trailer shows off a new gesture, called "Poser" in the full version, as well as the old "The Groove" gesture, while Tennis star borrows an audio clip from one of his gestures, "Fancy Dance."
- The Tennis Star and the Hockey Star are the only All-Star variants who have hair without the use of Customization.
- Tennis Star, Wrestling Star and Golf Star are the only All-Star variants that do not have a number on their backs.
- Tennis Star's weapon, the Double Fault Assault, is a reference to a term in tennis called a 'double fault', which is when the player serves the ball over the service line twice in a row.
- The Tennis Star's weapon is the only weapon that has a name that rhymes.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis Part Two DLC, the following nerfs were applied to start/end distance which was decreased from 7.5/4 to 7/3.5 and his speed upgrade also decreased from 1.1 to 1.05 along with his effectiveness of overheat upgrade.
- In August 2nd, his close range damage was reduced from 7 to 6.5 and his fall off damage start/end distance was decreased from 20/50 to 10/40.