- Not to be confused with Tennis Star, an All-Star variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
|Abilities||When played: This gets +3 this turn.|
|When it's Plants vs. Zombies, the score is never love-love.|
Tennis Champ is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. She costs 1 to play, and has 1/1. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives her +3 for the turn she is played. Her plant counterpart is Bonk Choy.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Sports Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: This gets +3 this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
When it's Plants vs. Zombies, the score is never love-love.
- Set change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
With her low cost of brains and the boost of strength given, this card is suitable to be used during the early turns, where fewer plants are present. If possible, use tricks that boost both strength and health, as more damage can be dealt.
In the later turns, if it is the turn for zombie tricks and there is a column available to attack the plant hero, or a newly played plant card you want to target, use Teleport combined with Tennis Champ. Furthermore, you do not need to save up more than two brains for this strategy.
As Impfinity, when you first play this zombie, you can use Smoke Bomb, and move her into an empty lane (or a lane with a powerful plant in it), making her a 5/1. Although if you want to damage the hero more, Mini-Ninja would be a better option.
Keep in mind that Tennis Champ will turn into a 1/1 fighter after the turn you played her. You can try to boost her as Electric Boogaloo via Vitamin Z, Loudmouth, or as Z-Mech via Zombie Coach and Team Mascot due to her being a sports zombie. You can also use Mixed-Up Gravedigger or In-Crypted, as she will reactivate her ability when her gravestone is revealed.
Keep in mind that her biggest downside is her base health, which is 1, as it does not increase without the use of zombie tricks or fighters, and that the strength boost wears off the next turn. Due to this, use Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill on her, as it will stop her from dealing a high amount of damage to your plants. Cheap plants such as Peashooter or Admiral Navy Bean can destroy the Tennis Champ for a low sun cost. Alternatively, you don't even have to deal with her after freezing her, as she will turn into an useless 1/1, which can only be boosted via Beastly cards or Team Mascot. Plants with the Splash Damage trait such as Lightning Reed, Snapdragon, or Winter Melon can destroy her without needing to be in the same lane as her. You may also use tricks such as Weed Whack or Scorched Earth.
- Her animation is very similar to that of Chimney Sweep's.
- She is the second zombie based on tennis, with the first being Tennis Star.
- She is the only sports card in the Crazy class.
- Her description can be translated to When it's Plants vs. Zombies, the score is never 0-0, as the word "love" is used when 0 points have been won in tennis.