|When it's Plants vs. Zombies, the score is never love-love.|
Tennis Champ is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1/1. Its effect gives it +3 for the turn it is played only. Its plant counterpart is Bonk Choy.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Sports Zombie
- Effect: When played: This gains +3 this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
When it's Plants vs. Zombies, the score is never love-love.
With its low cost of brains and the boost of strength given, this card is suitable to be used during the early turns, where fewer plants are present. If possible, use tricks that boost both strength and health, such as Galvanize, as more damage can be dealt, at just the cost of two brains in total.
In the later turns, if it is the turn for zombie tricks and there is a column available to attack the plant hero, or a newly played plant card you want to target, use Teleport combined with Tennis Champ. Furthermore, you do not need to save up more than two brains for this strategy.
Keep in mind that its biggest downside is its base health, which is 1, as it does not increase without the use of zombie tricks or fighters, and that the strength boost wears off the next turn. Due to this, use Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill on it, as it will stop it from dealing a high amount of damage to your plants. Cheap plants such as Peashooter or Admiral Navy Bean can destroy the Tennis Champ for a low cost. Plants with splash damage, such as Lightning Reed, Snapdragon, or Winter Melon can destroy it without needing to be in the same column. You may also use tricks such as Weed Whack or Scorched Earth.
- Its animation is very similar to Chimney Sweep.
- Coincidentally, both gain a strength boost when played.
- It is the second zombie based on the sport tennis, with the first being the Tennis Star.
- Coincidentally, they both attack plants by hitting them with tennis balls.
- This is the only Sports Zombie in the Crazy class.