|Tribe||Sports Imp Zombie|
|Abilities||Start of turn: All Sports Zombies get +1 /+1 .|
|Say what you will about the costume - Zombie morale has never been better.|
Team Mascot is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 3 to play, and has 1/3. He has no traits, and his ability gives all sports zombies on the field +1/+1 at the start of every turn, including him, starting from the next turn after he is played. This ability persists until all Team Mascots are removed from the field.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: Sports Imp Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: Start of turn: All Sports Zombies get +1/+1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Say what you will about the costume - Zombie morale has never been better.
- Tribe order change: Imp Sports → Sports Imp
While this zombie may not seem powerful, he can allow the player to wreak havoc if kept for long enough, and especially if there are many sports zombies. To get the most out of this zombie, the zombie hero should try and keep him alive for as long as possible.
Zombie Coach works well with Team Mascot, as Zombie Coach makes him so all sports zombies on the field can't be hurt for one turn, making them able to survive another turn and then Team Mascot can boost them.
Rustbolt can use Team Mascot to great advantages. For instance, Pool Shark can easily become a big threat if not treated with when Team Mascot is on the field, as he will become less fragile and gain more strength. Brain Vendor can also be used on the same turn get some more damage out and can also be boosted by Team Mascot. Team Mascot works best with All-Star Zombie, Defensive End, and Rodeo Gargantuar, as they are the strongest sports zombies.
This zombie may not seem like a threat when first played, but after a number of turns this can be extremely dangerous, especially if there are two or more on the field at the same time. Instant-kill cards like Squash should be used to destroy him, while Freezing cards like Big Chill can be used to prevent him from attacking when he gets out of hand.
Whatever you do, however, do not let him get too strong. If he can get off a large amount of sports zombies, or even worse, something like a Zombie Coach, it is a highly dangerous situation. In this case, the best option would to use Doom-Shroom, as it can take out multiple zombies at once. However, make sure the risk of some powerful plants being defeated in the process is worth taking. It is best to focus on taking him out before such a thing is even possible, which may be hard early in the game. On the turn he played, tricks like Berry Blast and Meteor Strike can defeat this immediately.
- He resembles the Chick Imp in the Springening event for the Piñata Parties in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The flag he holds resembles the flag that Flag Zombie holds.
- However, this one is triangular and much smaller.
- Before update 1.2.11, his description contained a grammatical error, as it has a comma in the place of a dash.
- This has been corrected since that update.
- Hot Dog Imp's description references this zombie, saying Hot Dog Imp would've worn this costume if Team Mascot didn't pick this costume before Hot Dog Imp.