Tater Toss is Spudow's premium legendary plant signature superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom and Guardian classes. It costs 1 to play, and its ability makes a Hothead with the Team-Up trait on a selected lane.
- Classes: Kabloom, Guardian
- Tribes: Root Superpower Trick
- Ability: Make a 1 Hothead that says "Team-Up. When destroyed: Do 6 damage to a zombie here."
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Spudow is one tranquil tuber. Still, sometimes he loses his head.
- Description change: Was originally Where did you *think* tater tots came from?
Since a Hothead is just a stronger version of Potato Mine, it is better for the player to save this superpower for bigger opponents, and use a regular Potato Mine on zombies that have 2 health or less. Hothead can be used to block and heavily damage powerful zombies during the late-game, like Trickster or Shieldcrusher Viking. Combining this with Potato Mine is also a good idea. Hothead cannot be destroyed by Rocket Science too.
If Spudow uses this, play a weak zombie in its lane so one of your important zombies doesn't take damage or get destroyed. However, this will likely not be the case, as this is typically used to take out a strong zombie after it was played. Most likely, the only options to counter this is to boost the zombie's health, or use a moving trick like Smoke Bomb or Terrify, or move Hothead out of the way with Sumo Wrestler or Rodeo Gargantuar.
Single player AIs will use this almost immediately, which can help you waste the ability if you place a weak zombie.
- Both the name and part of the description are examples of alliteration.
- Tater Toss is also a portmanteau of both "Tater tots," a type of food, and "toss."