- For other versions, see Swashbuckler Zombie (disambiguation).
Swashbuckler Zombie is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives every pirate zombie, including him, +1/+1 when one does damage to the plant hero. This ability stacks with each Swashbuckler Zombie on the field, and persists until all Swashbuckler Zombies are removed from the field.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Pirate Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When a Pirate hurts the Plant Hero, that Pirate gets +1/+1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Buckles his swash like no other.
- Set - Rarity change: Premium - Rare → Basic - Common
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
By himself, this zombie is a bit weak. His ability to give pirate zombies a small boost is similar to Zombot Drone Engineer's, but only activates when a pirate zombie does damage to the plant hero.
Due to his ability, Swashbuckler Zombie should be used in tandem with other pirate zombies. Notable ones include Imp Commander and Shieldcrusher Viking. This can also benefit greatly because of his low brain cost. This means he can be deployed nearly every turn.
Using Smoke Bomb on him can greatly help as he will gain +1 and be moved away from the plants blocking him, if there are any. Zombot Plank Walker is also really useful as it has Strikethrough, which can help Swashbuckler Zombie boost Zombot Plank Walker. In addition, it will also make 2 other pirates that Swashbuckler Zombie can potentially boost. Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is also a good zombie to use with him as both the Gargantuar and Swabbies that are thrown are pirate zombies, essential to help boost any pirate. Captain Flameface gives all pirates the Strikethrough trait, so he can work very well with Swashbuckler Zombie too.
Another good zombie to use Swashbuckler Zombie with is Pogo Bouncer, as he can Bounce a plant blocking him or another pirate's lane, allowing them to hurt your opponent and be boosted in the process.
Here is the list of pirate cards for easy reference:
- Beastly (Brain Freeze only)
- Brainy (Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus only)
- Shieldcrusher Viking
- Crazy (Impfinity only)
- Hearty (Neptuna only)
Each Sneaky hero has their own ways to use Swashbuckler Zombie effectively:
- Brain Freeze can give stat-boosting cards such as Vitamin Z and Maniacal Laugh to make him last longer (which will also most likely allow Swashbuckler to tear through plants blocking his way and strike the plant hero, boosting himself) or destroy plants blocking his way with tricks such as Locust Swarm.
- Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can use Lurch for Lunch or Electrician to either destroy a plant blocking his way or instantly boost himself.
- Impfinity can use cards such as Final Mission, Cakesplosion or Bungee Plumber to destroy plants that block Swashbuckler Zombie, or play this on Moon Base Z to trigger his ability right away before combat.
- Neptuna can use cards such as Camel Crossing or Coffee Zombie to boost his health to help ensure his survivability. She can also use Escape through Time to help ensure he does not get destroyed easily.
Because this appears via gravestone, Grave Buster or any plant with 2 or more will deal with this with ease. However, this may not be the case of Brain Freeze or Impfinity, as they have the most 2 brain cost zombies with the Gravestone trait. Neptuna might also use Sumo Wrestler, and Super Brainz might use Zombot Drone Engineer. Since he starts out with 2, a Potato Mine can destroy him unless he is boosted. Whack-a-Zombie will also work if his strength is below 4. Spikeweed Sector is another great counter if you predict correctly, as he will not be able to boost himself or other pirates to his right. You can also play Soul Patch to shut his ability down completely, but it is a late-game play.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Swashbuckler Zombie (PvZH).
- His description might be a spoof on his name, "swashbuckler."
- His description could also be a reference to his Travel Log quest description in Plants vs. Zombies 2.