- For other versions, see Swashbuckler Zombie (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When a Pirate hurts the Plant Hero, that Pirate gets +1/+1.|
|Buckles his swash like no other.|
Swashbuckler Zombie is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives every pirate zombie, including him, +1/+1 when one does damage to the plant hero. This ability persists until all Swashbuckler Zombies are removed from the field.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Pirate Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When a Pirate hurts the Plant Hero, that Pirate gets +1/+1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Buckles his swash like no other.
- Set - Rarity change: Premium - Rare → Basic - Common
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
By himself, his ability is a bit weak. He is similar to the Zombot Drone Engineer, but he only activates his ability by hurting the plant hero.
Swashbuckler Zombie should be used in tandem with other pirate zombies. Notable ones include Imp Commander and Shieldcrusher Viking. This can also benefit greatly because of his low brain cost. This means he can be deployed nearly every turn. Using Smoke Bomb on him can greatly help as he will gain +1 and be moved away from the plants blocking him, if there are any. Zombot Plank Walker is also really useful as it has Strikethrough, which can help Swashbuckler Zombie boost Zombot Plank Walker. In addition, it will also make 2 other pirates that Swashbuckler Zombie can potentially boost. Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is also a good zombie to use with him as both the Gargantuar and Swabbies that are thrown are pirate zombies, essential to help boost any pirate.
Here is the list of pirates for easy reference:
- Beastly (Brain Freeze only)
- Brainy (Super Brainz only)
- Crazy (Impfinity only)
- Hearty (Neptuna only)
Each hero can also use Swashbuckler zombie effectively:
- Brain Freeze can give stat-boosting cards such as Vitamin Z and Maniacal Laugh (which will also most likely allow Swashbuckler to tear through plants blocking his way and strike the plant hero, boosting himself) or destroy plants blocking his way with tricks such as Locust Swarm.
- Super Brainz can use Lurch for Lunch or Electrician to either destroy a plant blocking his way or to instantly boost himself.
- Impfinity can use cards such as Final Mission or Bungee Plumber to destroy plants that block Swashbuckler Zombie.
- Neptuna can use cards such as Camel Crossing or Coffee Zombie to boost his health to help ensure his survivability.
Because this appears via gravestone, Grave Buster or any plant with 2 or more will deal with this with ease. However, this may not be the case with Brain Freeze of Impfinity, as they have the most 2 brain cost zombies with the Gravestone trait. Neptuna might also use Sumo Wrestler, and Super Brainz might use Zombot Drone Engineer. Since he starts out with 2, a Potato Mine can destroy him unless he is boosted. Whack-a-Zombie will also work if his strength is below 4.
You can also play Soul Patch to prevent him from boosting himself and the other pirates.