- For other versions, see Swashbuckler Zombie (disambiguation).
Swashbuckler Zombie is the sixth zombie and the first zombie with a unique trait encountered in Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies Online. It swings onto the player's lawn and lands in the fourth column (fifth in Plants vs. Zombies Online). It occasionally falls into the ocean, but this rarely happens. Blover can blow all Swashbuckler Zombies that have not yet stepped into the lawn.
Swings in on a rope to lane midway onto your lawn.
Special: lands four tiles into your lawn
He swashes. He buckles. But, he also writes home every third Sunday and sends brains and treasure via post. He's a good zombie at heart.
Swashbuckler Zombie takes 9.25 normal damage shots. It loses its arm at 4.75 shots and before dying at 9.25 shots.
Big Wave Beach: Piñata Party
Be careful when you see a Swashbuckler Zombie behind the docks. Put a Potato Mine behind the last spot where the Swashbuckler Zombie is about to land, but put it before it appears. Like the regular Zombie, it takes nine and a half hits to defeat. To make sure to keep it away from land, use a plant such as Kernel-pult's butter to stun it and make it fall into the ocean or a Coconut Cannon to fire its projectile at the swinging zombie. However, the projectiles must be timed carefully. Lightning Reed is also very effective, if you have many of them, as they can take him down very fast. Spring Bean is also useful if there are less concentrations of them. However, Spring Bean loses its use after a larger number land on the tile it is planted on. Blover can eliminate them instantly, especially in large numbers. However, keep in mind that they are airborne only while swinging. Therefore, use Blover only when they are swinging, but stay alert as you need to be very fast in placing Blover in later levels of Dead Man's Booty.
In higher levels of Dead Man's Booty, specifically from 160 onwards, you have to speed up the repetitive use of Blovers to repel Swashbuckler Zombies because at a certain level, consecutive Raiding Parties may occur per wave. You might also want to use Chard Guard, Hurrikale, or Primal Peashooter to make a lot of them go into the water.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Swashbuckler Zombie.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- In one square, for every time a wave is triggered, there will be eight Swashbuckler Zombies that will perform an ambush through the course of the wave in higher levels of Dead Man's Booty.
- Swashbuckler Zombie has a chance of not landing on the lawn, failing its attempt and automatically falling into the ocean, killing it instantly. However, this is rare.
- To know when a Swashbuckler Zombie is going to fall into the ocean, its legs will swing when swashbuckling. It will also have the rope behind him when it falls.
- Swashbuckler Zombie was one of the six zombies to get a new Christmas look for the 5 Days of Feastivus, along with Pianist Zombie, Camel Zombies, Poncho Zombie, Gargantuar, and Imp.
- Swashbuckler Zombie cannot be frozen by Iceberg Lettuce's Plant Food attack while swashbuckling.
- This is because Swashbuckler Zombie will be counted as an airborne zombie while swinging.
- Swashbuckler Zombie, Surfer Zombie (while on foot), Lost Pilot Zombie, and Relic Hunter Zombie are the only special zombies that use the original Zombie groans from Plants vs. Zombies.
- However, in Piñata Party, regardless of what time period the zombie came, they will use the modern zombie groan.
- Before the 2.3 update, when killed by instant-kill plants while swinging, the Swashbuckler Zombie will die normally. The same goes with robot zombies, Jetpack Zombie, Disco Jetpack Zombie, Zombie King, and Fisherman Zombie.
- If hit with Kernel Pult's butter while landing on the lawn, it will not be affected by the stun effect, as shown in this video, at 20:21.
- When it is stunned by the Chili Bean's gas while swinging, it will stop swinging for a while.
- It can now be blown away whilst swinging.
- Also, Swashbuckler Zombie can still be blown away by Blover and/or Hurrikale right after it lands.
- Swashbuckler Zombie and Lost Pilot Zombie are the only zombies that appear during ambushes only.
- Relic Hunter Zombie acts in a practically identical manner to the Swashbuckler Zombie. The only difference is that this zombie lands on the fifth column, while Relic Hunter Zombie can land on the fourth, fifth, or sixth column, and he is stronger but slower than the Swashbuckler Zombie.
- It can be pushed back a tile by Primal Peashooter while swashbuckling.
- If the player looks closely, they can see it has a gold tooth on its upper jaw.
- His Feastivus costume was used for Regifting Zombie's sprite in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies Online
- It lands five tiles instead of four.
- This is because the lawn in this game's lawn has 10 columns as opposed to 9 columns.