Swabbie is a colossal uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He can also be made by Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, Barrel Roller Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker. He costs 0 to play, and has 1/1. He has the Amphibious trait, and does not have any abilities. His closest plant counterpart is Puff-Shroom.
His name is based on the real meaning of swabbie, a slang for a low ranked member of the navy.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Imp Pirate Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Uncommon
When he's not fighting Plants, you'll find him swabbing the Zombot Plank Walker's poop deck.
- Class added: Sneaky
- Set - Rarity change: Token → Colossal - Uncommon
- ▲ Brain cost change: 1 → 0
Swabbie is in most cases only useful as a shield to absorb incoming fire for the zombie hero, as his basic stats do not allow him to survive very long or deal significant damage to plants or the plant hero. However, he can be boosted for extra damage or defense, with the help of Maniacal Laugh and the like.
A pirate-themed deck using Imp-Throwing Gargantuar or Zombot Plank Walker, to spawn a Swabbie or in the case of the latter, spawning more pirate zombies, and Swashbuckler Zombie, benefits Swabbie and other pirate zombies from Swashbuckler Zombie, who raises their stats when they hurt the plant hero.
As Huge-Gigantacus or Super Brainz, you can take advantage of his cost to play him on Medulla Nebula, gaining free 6 that turn, allowing you to play expensive tricks such as Bad Moon Rising or let the Zom-Blob gain more attack if you play him that turn.
Swabbie is also good for the Evolution of many cards, simply because it is free. While other cards are able to substitute it, there is one zombie that appreciates a Swabbie on the field: Unthawed Viking, since Swabbie is the only Amphibious pirate that is worth using for Evolution (as the other two Amphibious pirates, Zombot Plank Walker and Zombot Aerostatic Gondola, are much too expensive and good for Evolution).
Anything that can attack can destroy this zombie. Use minimal powered plants or tricks, and Bounce this zombie if he gets powered up too much.
Try to not waste useful cards like Wild Berry or Sizzle on it unless it's boosted, as they can be saved for stronger zombies later on. Sour Grapes is a good plant against this zombie as it can destroy it without needing to waste any potentially useful cards.
- He, Toxic Waste Imp, Walrus Rider, Fishy Imp, Impfinity Clone and Space Cowboy are the only Imps to have the Amphibious trait.
- Oddly, when he was a token, he could still be played by Super Brainz in the tutorial on his own.
- He, Zombot Plank Walker, Zombot Aerostatic Gondola, and Unthawed Viking are the only pirate zombies to have the Amphibious trait.
- He and Unthawed Viking are the only non-legendary cards out of these four.
- He is currently tied for the cheapest card in the game with Puff-Shroom, Goat, and Lil' Buddy, who all cost 0 naturally.