- Flag Zombie
- Conehead Zombie
- Pole Vaulting Zombie
- Buckethead Zombie
- Newspaper Zombie
- Screen Door Zombie
- Football Zombie
- Dancing Zombie (except roof)
- Backup Dancer (except roof)
- Ducky Tube Zombie (pool and fog)
- Snorkel Zombie (pool and fog)
- Zomboni (fog and roof)
- Dolphin Rider Zombie (fog only)
- Jack-in-the-Box Zombie (fog and roof)
- Balloon Zombie (fog and roof)
- Digger Zombie (fog only)
- Pogo Zombie (fog and roof)
- Zombie Yeti (if previously encountered)
- Ladder Zombie (fog and roof)
- Catapult Zombie (fog and roof)
- Trash Can Zombie (Nintendo DS, XBox Live Arcade, and PlayStation 3 versions only)
Hard Modes: Day (Hard) through Roof (Hard)Edit
These levels, as the name states, are quite hard. This time, the player must survive ten flags, with the zombies changing every two flags. To win this, plants like the Twin Sunflower, Gatling Pea with Torchwood, Winter Melon, and Pumpkin are essential. As the groups are different every time the player plays a level, it is not possible to create a strategy based on exactly what was encountered. The player will probably want to have his or her Sunflowers inside Pumpkins in the back with a row of Split Peas, Spikerocks, or a pair of Gloom-shrooms (one on the second row from the bottom, and one on the second row from the top) if Digger Zombies come, or a row of Cacti if there are Balloon Zombies, although Cattails work much better for this purpose in Survival: Fog, Survival: Pool and Survival: Fog (Hard). Even when the player doesn't have any Balloon Zombies, he or she would quickly find out that Cattails are one of the best plants, and in both pool and fog levels, turn in to a must-have plant.
Blovers can also work, but the player has to pay extreme attention. Survival: Day (Hard) and Survival: Pool (Hard) should be the easiest, with Survival: Night (Hard) slightly more difficult, Survival: Roof (Hard) still harder, and the hardest being Survival: Fog (Hard), though this is subjective. Cob Cannons come in handy on these levels, as there will probably be Gargantuars at some point (usually after flags five and six), but they aren't necessary; instant kills such as Cherry Bombs, Jalapenos, and Squash should be sufficient. However, they make Survival: Roof (Hard) much less strenuous, and are very useful on Survival: Fog (Hard).Column Like You See 'Em. In addition, upgrades for plants get progressively more expensive; for every upgrade plant that is on the screen, additional upgrade plants cost 50 more sun. Winter Melons and Pumpkins are essential here, and both Cob Cannon and Gloom-shrooms are a must in almost all builds. Instants are very good here, although not completely necessary with the Cob Cannons, and zombies come in such droves that playing a half-hour of this will earn the player maybe $20,000 or $30,000 if he or she only clicks half or a third of the coins, given that the player is at least fifteen waves in. The high number of zombies also has the effect of generating many diamonds in a short time; at its best a diamond may appear every four to five seconds.
Alternatively, (depending on preference) the player could use Potato Mines and Imitater Potato Mines combined with Cattails to hold the zombies back while you save up to go straight to Winter Melons, Cob Cannons or other powerful plants.
This mode also introduces the Giga-gargantuar, a red-eyed version of the normal Gargantuar that takes four instants' worth of damage before finally going down, which means it has double the health compared to a Gargantuar.
- Note: There can be more than one Survival: Endless by playing a Survival: Hard game and modifying the save file name, it is possible to create Survival: Day (Endless), Survival: Night (Endless) and others. However, these are only seen in the online version. Players can also play other Survival: Endless levels through the Limbo Page but on the PC only.
Online VersionEditIn the online version, there is only one form of Survival Mode. It takes place at night and it is an endless mode. The player can only choose four plants. This is the only way to defend against the Giga Football Zombie.
For more, see Survival: Night (Endless).
- Survival: Day
- Survival: Night
- Survival: Pool
- Survival: Fog
- Survival: Roof
- Survival: Day (Hard)
- Survival: Night (Hard)
- Survival: Pool (Hard)
- Survival: Fog (Hard)
- Survival: Roof (Hard)
- Survival: Endless
Some Survival levels are hidden in Limbo Page; there are:
- In Survival: Endless in Plants vs. Zombies (Nintendo DS), there is a mistake where it says Survival: Day (Endless); it should have said Survival: Pool (Endless).
- In all Survival Modes, a Trash Can Zombie occasionally appears, but only in versions which include the Trash Can Zombie.
- After completing nine of the ten survival levels, the music tune that is played after beating a level changes.
- There is an error in the GOTY edition that during the seed selection on Survival: Roof, Survival: Roof (Hard) and Survival: Roof (Endless), the "View Lawn" button will still say "View Lawn" instead of "View Roof".
- When the player dies and gets his/her brains eaten, instead of saying "GAME OVER", the losing message says "You survived (number of flags completed) flag(s) before dying a GRUESOME ZOMBIE DEATH!"
- Zombie Bobsled Teams do not appear in Survival Mode, even though Zombonis leave ice trails.
- Zomboni and Gargantuar (with Imp) only appear after completing four flags. They will not appear in three to four flags.
- The Giga-gargantuar only start to appear after completing ten flags in Survival: Endless.
- †: Strategy page