Survival: Roof (Hard) is the tenth level of Survival Mode series in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition. Being set on the roof, it contains ten waves of zombie hordes divided by two flags for each and for every two flags survived and the player will be given a chance to strategize by changing the set of plants they chose from the previous waves.
- It is nearly necessary to use the Sunflower and Flower Pot, and as the game progresses further, try to get Twin Sunflowers.
- Use Kernel-pults, instead of Cabbage-pult to start, so you can upgrade some of them to Cob Cannons.
- It is a better idea to use lobbed-shot plants than straight shooting plants due to the roof angle.
- "Upgrade" the other Kernel-pults to Melon-pults, and then to Winter Melons when you have enough sun.
- Bungee Zombies and Catapult Zombies may appear, so use Umbrella Leaves.
- Use Cob Cannons because there might be Zombonis and Gargantuars, and you cannot use Spikeweed or Spikerock to pop tires or to stall Gargantuars.
- It is recommended that you use Pumpkins so that your plants can last long, especially in the event of a huge wave of zombies.
- Survival: Roof (Hard) is the only finite Survival level where Bungee Zombies can appear to steal the player's plants.
- ^: Strategy page