Surfer Zombie is a galactic uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 4 to play, and has 4/3. He has the Amphibious and Frenzy traits, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribes: Vacation Sports Zombie
- Traits: Amphibious, Frenzy
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
He used to hang 10 with the best of them, but ever since he lost that toe to a shark he hasn't been able to hang more than 9.
- Added to the game.
This zombie is relatively glassy for his cost. However, due to his Amphibious and Frenzy traits, he can be used to attack the aquatic lane, especially if the plant hero has yet to or is unable to set up their aquatic defenses. The Smash can use him with Team Mascot to boost his stats or Zombie Coach to protect him from all damage for that turn due to him being a sports zombie.
Due to the fact he has the Amphibious and Frenzy traits, this zombie can be quite useful against low stat Amphibious plants like Admiral Navy Bean or Laser Cattail that were unboosted to destroy them easily as well as striking through to hit the plant hero.
Stat-wise, although he hits hard, he can be easily destroyed by a plant that does at least 3 damage or a simple Berry Blast unless he is Shielded or had his health boosted. If that happens, use instant-kill cards such as Toadstool (if he is played outside the aquatic lane), Shamrocket, or Squash.
- He is one of the three vacation cards in the game, the other two being Snorkel Zombie and Ducky Tube Zombie.
- Coincidentally, all of them have the Amphibious trait.
- Out of the three, Surfer Zombie is the only one that doesn't cost 1 brain to be played.
- He is the second sports zombie in the Beastly class, the first being Energy Drink Zombie and the third being Synchronized Swimmer.
- He is bigger than his counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- During development, he was originally going to be a 4/4 that costed 5 with the same traits.