|Abilities||When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.|
|When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.|
Super-Phat Beets is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. It costs 6 to play, and has 3/3. It has no traits, and its ability gives it +1/+1 for each plant and zombie on the field when it is played.
Super-Phat Beets is based on the Beta vulgaris, commonly known as the Beet. Its name is a portmanteau of the phrase "super-phat beats" and "beet," the real-life plant this plant is based on.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Name change: Super Phat Beets → Super-Phat Beets
Being such an expensive plant, it should be saved until later in the game, as it can become a really strong plant if played correctly. However, be warned that zombies can destroy it by using various tricks, so try to never rely only on it and play other strong plants besides it. It is recommended to bring plenty of Team-Up plants such as Torchwood or Sweet Potato when using this, as it will allow you to have a large number of plants on the field to help this by a lot. A good time to play this card is when the opponent floods the field, as Super-Phat Beets can get buffed by up to +5/+5 from only the zombies.
Because of its ability, Super-Phat Beets are highly susceptible to instant kill tricks. However, since plants go second, the plant hero has the advantage of being able to play it on a turn where you don't have a lot of brains saved up for tricks, ensuring that this plant will get at least one good hit on your hero or a powerful zombie. When this card is played, try to destroy it as quickly as possible as it can take out almost half of your zombie hero's health with a single hit. Using Deadly zombies such as Smelly Zombie or Toxic Waste Imp should defeat it easily. Rocket Science and Cut Down to Size can be good options, due to the huge amount of strength Super-Phat Beets can gain. For times when this becomes a bigger threat, your best bet is either Bouncing it through Backyard Bounce, or using Locust Swarm or Zombot Sharktronic Sub.
- Even though its name and appearance are based on the Phat Beet, the design of the actual beet is based on the Beet.
- More specifically, the Beet's design seems to be based on the concept art of the unused Beet in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The maximum strength and health this plant can get when played is 17/17.
- Its description uses a pun from the word "beat".