|Abilities||When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.|
|When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.|
Super-Phat Beets is a premium rare plant card appearing in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow plants. It costs 6 to play, and has 3/3 when first played. When played, it will gain +1/+1 for each fighter on the field (excluding itself), regardless of faction.
Super-Phat Beets is based on the Beta vulgaris, commonly known as the Beet. Its name is a portmanteau of the phrase "super-phat beats" and "beet," the real-life plant this plant is based on.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Abilities: When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.
- Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Name change: Super Phat Beets → Super-Phat Beets
Being such an expensive plant should be saved for a bit, it goes really strong if you play Super-Phat Beets correctly. However, be warned that zombies can destroy it with one trick, so always try to put strong plants besides itself. If used two times in a row, it will cause a way too big to be counter-able damage, so it is recommended to stay with this until the right moment. A good time to play this card is when the opponent floods the fields, as Super-Phat Beets will get buffed by at most +5/+5.
Because of its ability, Super-Phat Beets are highly prone to instant kill tricks. However, since plants go second, the Plant Hero has the advantage. If possible, as soon as this card is played, try to destroy Super-Phat Beets quickly as possible, as if it has at least 8 strength, it can take out almost half of your Zombie Hero's health. Using Deadly zombies such as Smelly Zombie or Toxic Waste Imp should defeat it easily. Rocket Science can be a good option, due to the huge amount of strength Super-Phat Beets can gain, which the trick will defeat this plant without difficulty. When for bigger threats like 15 or more strength, your best bet is either to bounce it or use a Locust Swarm or Zombot Sharktronic Sub. Or simply use Cut Down to Size and take out it in one hit with 1 brain only.
- Even though its name and appearance are based on the Phat Beet, the design of the actual beet is based on the Beet. More specifically, the concept art of the unused Beet in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The maximum strength and health this plant can get on play is 17/17.
- Its description uses a pun from the word 'beat'.
- It is the most expensive Mega-Grow plant.