|Abilities||When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.|
|When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.|
Super-Phat Beets is a premium rare plant card appearing in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow plants. It costs 6 to play, and has 3/3 when first played. When played, it will gain +1/+1 for each fighter on the field (excluding itself), regardless of faction.
Super-Phat Beets is based on the Beta vulgaris, commonly known as the Beet. Its name is a portmanteau of the phrase "super-phat beats" and "beet," the real-life plant this plant is based on.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Ability: When played: This gets +1/+1 for each Plant and Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
When he drops the beet, everyone feels it. Especially the Zombies.
- Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Name change: Super Phat Beets → Super-Phat Beets
Being such an expensive plant it should be saved until later in the game, as it can become a really strong plant if played correctly. However, be warned that zombies can destroy it by using various tricks, so try to never rely only on it and play other strong plants besides it. It is recommended to bring plenty of Team-Up plants such as Torchwood or Sweet Potato when using this, as it will allow you to have a large number of plants on the field to help boost this by a lot. A good time to play this card is when the opponent floods the field, as Super-Phat Beets will get buffed by up to +5/+5 from only the zombies.
Because of its ability, Super-Phat Beets are highly susceptible to instant kill tricks. However, since plants go second, the plant hero has the advantage of being able to play it on a turn where you don't have a lot of brains saved up for tricks, ensuring that this plant will get at least one good hit on your hero or a powerful zombie. When this card is played, try to destroy it as quickly as possible, as if it has at least 8 strength, it can take out almost half of your zombie hero's health with a single hit. Using Deadly zombies such as Smelly Zombie or Toxic Waste Imp should defeat it easily. Rocket Science and Cut Down to Size can be good options, due to the huge amount of strength Super-Phat Beets can gain, this trick will defeat this plant without difficulty. For times when this becomes a bigger threat, having 15 or more strength, your best bet is either bouncing it or using a Locust Swarm or Zombot Sharktronic Sub.
- Even though its name and appearance are based on the Phat Beet, the design of the actual beet is based on the Beet.
- More specifically, the concept art of the unused Beet in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The maximum strength and health this plant can get when played is 17/17.
- Its description uses a pun from the word 'beat'.
- It is the most expensive Mega-Grow plant.
- This does not take into account Espresso Fiesta.