- For other uses, see Imp (disambiguation).
|Absorbs||13.5 normal damage shots|
|Special||Explodes on contact with plant after reaching certain column|
|Weakness|| (damages the imp even when airborne)|
(whilst being kicked)
|First seen||Modern Day - Day 24|
|Super-Fan Imp has season tickets, subscribes to the team newsletter, and is super pumped about exploding on contact with fans of the opposing team.|
Super-Fan Imp is the fifth zombie encountered in Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Super-Fan Imp can explode on contact with any plant except for defensive plants and plants placed on the same tile it is on, and can be kicked to anywhere from the first to third column by an All-Star Zombie.
An all-too-enthusiastic imp who explodes with rah-rah-rah fervor.
Super-Fan Imp has season tickets, subscribes to the team newsletter, and is super pumped about exploding on contact with fans of the opposing team.
Far Future: Piñata Party
Super-Fan Imp absorbs exactly 13.5 normal damage shots. Its appearance changes upon absorbing 6.75 normal damage shots when its arm is lost, before dying at 13.5 normal damage shots.
Normally, the Super-Fan Imp is nearly identical in every way to the Imp. However, when All-Star Zombie appears in a level, the Super-Fan Imp has the potential to be a very dangerous opponent. When kicked by an All-Star Zombie, Super-Fan Imp is launched somewhere in the first three columns, instantly exploding and incinerating the plant on the tile, providing the tile has a plant on it.
A major thing to remember is that ice attacks cannot put out the dynamite on its hat, no matter if it is frozen or chilled, meaning that it can still incinerate the plant it lands on, despite being chilled.
Infi-nut's force field can be used to block launched Super-Fan Imps, as long as it is created from the first to third column. The launched Super-Fan Imp will land next to the force field, and will try to eat whatever plant is on its tile instead of exploding.
Like other airborne zombies, a well-timed Blover can take care of them very well. However, this is not encouraged in later levels of Highway to the Danger Room, as when these zombies, along with All-Star Zombies, come in large numbers, Blover will not recharge in time for the hordes of Super-Fan Imps. Therefore, it is easier to rely on the aforementioned Infi-nut strategy.
Electric Currant can be incredibly useful to defeat a kicked Super-Fan Imp. Even when airborne, it will still take damage from electrical fields (similar to other airborne zombies). Enough voltage will electrocute the Imp upon landing, thus saving the plant.
If Super-Fan Imp does manage to reach the first three columns near a plant, and if the player has shovel upgrades, then the player can try to shovel back the plant that is about to be incinerated to earn back sun. But if there are too many Super-Fan Imps, the player can try to shovel up the most expensive plants as fast as possible. However, this is not recommended as you will get less than the cost of the plant to replant it, and if you don't get enough sun, your defense will be severely weakened.
Using Explode-O-Nut while it is exploding is not a good idea as it will destroy it without making it explode.
- It is a recreation of Imp Punt but with Face-Paint.
- This attack is used by All-Star Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- If there are no plants in a lane, it will explode right before reaching the edge of the lawn.
- Its dynamite cannot be extinguished by ice-based plants. It is most likely intentional so it can both keep main its special ability and so that it can't eat the player's brains.
- It is the second zombie that uses dynamite in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The first zombie is Prospector Zombie.
- However, it uses its dynamite to destroy plants, while Prospector Zombie uses its to travel to the other side of the lawn.
- It is the only zombie in Modern Day not based off another zombie from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Similar to Balloon Zombie, its head disappears instead of "popping" off when it dies.
- Its health is the same as Bug Bot Imp's: 13.5 normal damage shots without allowing attacks after losing its head.
- It and Jack-in-the-Box Zombie are the only zombies that explode as their secondary attack.
- There is a glitch where if one plants a Blover when an Imp gets kicked, it will go in a loop back to the All-Star for a few seconds then disappear.
- It and All-Star Zombie are the only zombies in Modern Day to be related to football.
- Coincidentally, they were both revealed shortly after the Super Bowl 50.
- In the Travel Log, it is called "Super-fan Imp Zombie".