- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Start of Turn: You get +1 this turn.|
|Not to brag, but I'm pretty much your basic franchise-founding superstar.|
Sunflower is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1. It has the Team-Up trait, and its ability gives the plant hero +1 at the start of every turn, starting from the next turn after it is played.
In the Boss Battle of the mission KO at the OK Arcade, Solar Flare starts with a Sunflower on the third lane. Also, in the Boss Battle of the mission Game Time! Flame Time!, Solar Flare starts with two Sunflowers each on the third and fourth lanes.
It is based on the common sunflower, an annual forb of the genus Helianthus grown as a crop for its edible oil and seeds. The fact it produces sun is a pun on its name.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: Start of Turn: You get +1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Not to brag, but I'm pretty much your basic franchise-founding superstar.
Sunflower is perhaps one of the most common and useful plants that you can play at the start of the game. Having even the slightest bit of sun bonus early on can give you a huge advantage, as it will allow you to play higher-cost cards much earlier and force your opponent to play more defensively. Sunflower's value gradually diminishes as the game progresses, however, as both players will have enough sun/brains to play what they want.
Because of Sunflower's value in the early-game, most of your opponents will try to destroy it at first sight. Here are some possible threats that can counter Sunflower, which you should be aware of when playing it:
(Early-game refers to turns 1 to 4 here.)
If stat-boosing tricks are available, you can choose to boost Sunflower to improve its chance of survival, or at least retaliate back. Using Mixed Nuts with Sunflower is an easy combo. If Sunflower is played on turn 1 and is not destroyed, Mixed Nuts can be played on turn 2 and get a stat boost.
Early on, you should use everything at their disposal to take care of any Sunflowers, because they let your opponent play stronger cards earlier and possibly overwhelm you. Against a Solar hero, it is usually better to save your brains for a trick rather than spending everything on zombies, or play a Dog Walker to catch any stray Sunflower.
- Its description references how it is one of the mascots of the Plants vs. Zombies series.
- The sound heard when it makes sun is the same as its Plant Food sound effect from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Its appearance resembles more of its appearance in the original Plants vs. Zombies than in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- In the first comic strip of When Fungi Attack, Sunflower has its Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance.
- Its attack is the same as its form in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- This, Navy Bean, Pear Pal and Pea-Nut are the only plants with the Team-Up trait present in the Multiplayer menu.