- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Start of Turn: You get +1 this turn.|
|Not to brag, but I'm pretty much your basic franchise-founding superstar.|
Sunflower is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. She costs 1 to play, and has 1. She has the Team-Up trait, and her ability gives the plant hero +1 at the start of each turn, starting from the next turn after she is played.
Also, in the boss battle of the mission Game Time! Flame Time!, Solar Flare starts with two Sunflowers each on the third and fourth lanes.
Her attack is the same as her form in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
Her description makes a reference to how she is one of the mascots of the Plants vs. Zombies series.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: Start of Turn: You get +1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Not to brag, but I'm pretty much your basic franchise-founding superstar.
Sunflower is one of the most common and useful plants that you can play at the start of the game. Having even the slightest bit of sun bonus early on can give you a huge advantage, as Sunflower's ability allows you to play higher-cost cards much earlier and force your opponent to play more defensively. Sunflower's value gradually diminishes as the game progresses, however, as you will get enough sun to play what you want.
Regardless of when you play her, try and protect Sunflower so you can keep an advantage. Here are some possible threats that can harm Sunflower:
- Gravestone zombies that can move or destroy Sunflower such as Sumo Wrestler, Pied Piper, and Conga Zombie.
- Tricks that can destroy Sunflower such as Bungee Plumber, Rolling Stone, and Nibble.
- Cards that can move to Sunflower's lane such as Dog Walker, Line Dancing Zombie, and Smoke Bomb.
- Strikethrough zombies such as Hot Dog Imp and Line Dancing Zombie.
- Environments that can destroy Sunflower, such as Trapper Territory and Hot Lava.
If stat-boosting cards like Spineapple or Fertilize are available, you can choose to boost Sunflower to improve her chance of survival, or at least allow her to retaliate. Using Mixed Nuts with Sunflower is an easy combo. If Sunflower is played on turn 1 and is not destroyed, Mixed Nuts can be played on turn 2 and get a stat boost. In combination with Briar Rose, Sunflower can make your opponent think twice before targeting, and probably destroying her. If Power Flower is on the field, you can be healed more at the start of each turn.
Early on, you should use anything at your disposal to take care of any Sunflower in play, because her ability lets your opponent play stronger cards earlier and possibly overwhelm you. Against any Solar hero, it is usually better to save your brains for a trick rather than spending everything on zombies, or play a Dog Walker to catch any stray Sunflower.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sunflower (PvZH).
- In the first comic strip of When Fungi Attack, Sunflower has her Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance.
- She, Navy Bean, Pear Pal and Pea-Nut are the only plants with the Team-Up trait present in the Multiplayer menu.
- If one looks closely, she does not have the same number of petals as Solar Flare, as Solar Flare has 14 petals, while Sunflower has 16.
- According to Moonbean's description, she and Sunflower are best friends.