Sun-Shroom is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 2 to play, and has 2. It has the Team-Up trait, and its ability gives the plant hero +1 at the start of the next turn and transforms it into a Sunnier-Shroom.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Abilities: Start of turn: You get +1 this turn and this transforms into a Sunnier-Shroom.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
"Fun in the Sun? That's for other Plants. I just make the stuff. I don't actually like it."
- Added to the game.
Sun-Shroom can be treated as Sunflower that costs 1 sun more, but has 1 extra health. But in addition, it turns into a Sunnier-Shroom if it survives onto the next turn which becomes a better version of Twin Sunflower with 3 health instead of 2. Due to Sun-Shroom having 2 health and transforming into another plant the next turn, it can withstand a zombie with 1 strength or less, then transform into a bulkier plant at full health.
Chompzilla can use Sun-Shroom in succession with Muscle Sprout as when it transforms into Sunnier-Shroom, Muscle Sprout will activate its ability again. She can also boost it with cards like Fertilize and Plant Food to help keep it alive. Finally, she can use Black-Eyed Pea to discourage the zombie hero from using tricks to destroy it.
Solar Flare can use it as an alternative for Sunflower in mushroom decks, as being in the mushroom tribe, it can benefit from Buff-Shroom and Punish-Shroom. However, do not play Buff-Shroom until it turns into Sunnier-Shroom, as its stat boosts will be erased when it transforms.
Wall-Knight is able to increase its strength with Spineapple, allowing it to attack back. He can also increase Sunnier-Shroom's health to make it survive longer and produce more sun and can also use tough plants like Wall-Nut to protect Sunnier-Shroom and tricks such as Gardening Gloves, Bubble Up and Root Wall to move or protect it. He can also use Steel Magnolia to increase its health, or 2nd-Best Taco of All Time to heal it.
Sun-Shroom has no strength and 2 health, so you can easily destroy it with Rolling Stone or Bungee Plumber. However, it you manage to leave it, be careful as Sunnier-Shroom has 1 extra health and produces 2 sun each turn like Twin Sunflower for a cost of 2 sun. So if possible, aim on destroying Sun-Shroom or Sunnier-Shroom to prevent the plant hero from gaining a sun advantage for a cheap cost. Sunnier-Shroom can be destroyed by Zombot's Wrath, Rolling Stone, Electrobolt, or Stayin' Alive.
- Its description references its Suburban Almanac entry from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Its second ability is a reference to how Sun-Shrooms grow in the Plants vs. Zombies series.
- It has the exact same sprites as Grow-Shroom, with the only difference being its cap color.
- Its animation for when it produces sun is similar to Grow-Shroom's animation when it boosts a plant.
- Sunnier-Shroom was mistakingly named 'Sun-Shroomier' in Sun-Shroom's card information.
- This was patched in an update.