(translation: Sugarcane Master)
|Unlocked||Collect 10 Sugarcane Master Puzzle Pieces|
Sugarcane Master (蔗师父; pinyin: zhe shīfu) is a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It was added in the 2.0 update.
Sugarcane Master uses its nunchaku to attack zombies in two ranges in a range of 3 tiles in front of it, each attack deals 1.25 normal damage shots. It repeats a cycle of 3 attacks with its nunchaku and a final attack with its "elbow" (level 2 and above). After that, it will cool down for a while.
It is based on genus Saccharum, commonly known as sugarcane.
Its costume (a yellow suit) is references to Bruce Lee.
Sun cost: 175
Sugarcane Master can use its cane nunchaku to attack zombies in front of it.
Plant feature: Purple plant, powerful martial art skills
Special: Attack multiple zombies with double stick
Plant Food effect
Sugarcane Master sends out many circling sticks of nunchaku in 3 lanes (3 tiles down the lanes), and finishes with a wave down the center lane (3 tiles).
All nunchaku attacks have an exploding effect, which can deal more damage.
This plant is quite an offensive one, but attacks slowly, so use slowing plants such as Primal Raffesia to max out his damage potential. When leveled up, its knockback attack can be useful, but doesn't work on mechanical enemies.
- It and Sugarcane (an unused plant from Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars), are the only plants based on the sugarcane plant. Bamboo Brother's internal name is Sugarcane as well.
- It is the second character in the Chinese version to use a nunchaku. The first is Nunchaku Zombie.
- It is also the only plant to use one.
- Bruce Bamboo can also be considered using a nunchaku, but it itself is one.
- When its Plant Food effect ends, there's a chance to hit itself with its own nunchaku. This is only a cosmetic effect.
- It was originally called Sugarcane Long.