Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stinky the Snail is found in all versions of Plants vs. Zombies that have the Zen Garden. It is available for purchase at Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies for $3,000 after the Zen Garden is unlocked. It will slowly collect coins in the main Zen Garden area if it is awake. It stays awake for three minutes before collapsing in a deep sleep again, requiring manual prodding to reawaken. It has a sweet tooth for chocolate, a substance dropped by various zombies. Feeding Stinky a piece of chocolate will cause it to accelerate considerably and stay awake for an hour. In the iPad and iPhone versions of Plants vs. Zombies, Stinky will continue to collect coins after the Zen Garden is closed if fed chocolate. In the iOS versions of the game, Stinky will collect money while the player is away, but in other versions it will not do this.
In the Android phone and tablet version of the game, Stinky can continue collecting coins while the player is doing something other than viewing the Zen Garden. If Stinky is fed chocolate and the game is either exited or minimized, however, the game will forget that Stinky has been fed chocolate. It will also forget that chocolate has been fed if the player does not check on Stinky within the hour time limit of the chocolate's effect.
Even though Plants vs. Zombies 2 has a Zen Garden, Stinky does not return.
- In Crazy Dave's hit-single Wabby Wabbo, Stinky has a golden shell.
- It was originally from another game by PopCap, called Insaniquarium.
- It costs the same as Gold Magnet.
- Coincidentally, they both share the same purpose, to collect money for the player.
- In the iPad version, prior to version 1.9.10 Stinky's and other Zen Garden items' graphics were very buggy.
- It is arranged incorrectly and has his correct duplicate next to itself, but the bugged one is the one that collects the coins.
- The Marigold sprout's leaves are replaced with Stinky's eyes and the incorrectly arranged Stinky has no eyes.
- Although it needs some time to reach the coins and collect them, if the player quits their main Zen Garden (or going to the Mushroom or Aquarium Garden) with a large amount of money not collected, then open the main Zen Garden again, it will collect all of them. This only occurs in the iOS and Android versions of Plants vs. Zombies.
- It makes a cameo in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare as a customization for the Peashooter. It is a hat and the name for the hat is called "Stinky the Snail". It also comes in silver, gold and diamond variants.
- This hat has returned to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 as a customization found in the Millennium Pack. It is still a hat for the Peashooter, but it does not have any variants.
- It is seen in the loading screen, on top of the percentage number in Plants vs. Zombies Online.
- It is a sea snail, despite the fact that it looks and behaves much like a garden snail.