- For other usages of beans, see bean.
|Tribe||Bean Pea Plant|
|"I try to warn them, "This is going to sting." But the Zombies, they never listen."|
Sting Bean is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1/2. It has the Amphibious and Bullseye traits, and does not have any abilities.
It is based on the string bean, the unripe fruit and the protective pod of various cultivars of the common bean. Its name is a portmanteau of "sting," referring to the fact that it attacks zombies and "string bean," the plant this is based on.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Bean Pea Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Bullseye
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"I try to warn them, "This is going to sting." But the Zombies, they never listen."
- Description change: Was originally Her aim is true. Ask any enemy Hero.
Judging by its damage, sun cost, and rarity, this is no doubt a good early-game plant. However, even though it has low strength and health, both heroes should not underestimate it. If the zombie hero does not have any Amphibious zombies, or have tricks that can destroy it, it can whittle down the zombie hero's health safely because it has the Bullseye trait. If the plant hero gives it a boost, mostly on strength, Sting Bean can potentially be a big threat to the enemy.
When playing as Grass Knuckles, it can be used in pea synergies due to being a pea plant. Using it with Torchwood can do 3 damage with Bullseye as early as turn 2 and with The Podfather, having its stats increased to a 3/4. Also, Grass Knuckles can put down cards like Fertilizer and Plant Food to boost it and make it a threat as it has the Bullseye trait. Alternatively, Citron can use it in conjunction with beans like Bean Counter or Admiral Navy Bean. It will trigger both of the beans' abilities, and can also be buffed by Navy Bean due to its Amphibious trait.
For the zombie hero, it is best to take Sting Bean down before it gets stronger. Good, cheap counters to Sting Bean are Rolling Stone and Bungee Plumber. Using Nibble on it will reduce its strength to 0, turning Sting Bean into a very ineffective waste of space. However, it can be countered by Team-Up plants or by being boosted.
Alternatively, playing cheap zombies such as the Sumo Wrestler or Snorkel Zombie can help deal with it. Later in the game, it could be useful to use The Chickening, as it may damage other plants in the process.
- It is the second plant to have a name that is a pun on "string bean", with the first being Spring Bean.
- Its original description referenced the fact that it has the Bullseye trait, which was originally named Truestrike.
- It is the only bean plant that is in the Guardian class.
- It and Admiral Navy Bean are the only Amphibious plants that cost one sun.
- Coincidentally, they are both in the bean tribe.
- It is one of three plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes with glasses. The others are Sergeant Strongberry and Bean Counter.
- It is the only one out of these to not be a Premium - Super-Rare card.
- If the player looks at its statistics closely, the player can see that the left eyebrow is missing.