- For other usages of beans, see bean.
|Tribe||Bean Pea Plant|
|"I try to warn them, "This is going to sting." But the Zombies, they never listen."|
Sting Bean is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. She costs 1 to play, and has 1/2. She has the Amphibious and Bullseye traits, and does not have any abilities.
She is based on a string bean, an unripe fruit and the protective pod of various cultivars of the common bean.
Her name is a portmanteau of "sting," referring to the fact that she attacks zombies, and "string bean," the plant she is based on.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Bean Pea Plant
- Traits: Amphibious,Bullseye
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"I try to warn them, "This is going to sting." But the Zombies, they never listen."
- Description change: Was originally Her aim is true. Ask any enemy Hero.
Judging by her damage, sun cost, and rarity, this is no doubt a good early-game plant. However, even though she has low strength and health, both heroes should not underestimate her. If the zombie hero does not have any Amphibious zombies, or have tricks that can destroy her, she can whittle down the zombie hero's health safely because she has the Bullseye trait. If the plant hero gives her a boost, mostly on strength, Sting Bean can potentially be a big threat to the enemy. Alternatively, every Guardian hero can boost her health by playing Photosynthesizer or Steel Magnolia, making her harder to destroy.
When playing as Grass Knuckles, Sting Bean can be used in pea synergies due to being a pea plant. Using her with Torchwood can do 3 damage with Bullseye as early as turn 2 and with The Podfather, having her stats increased to a 3/4. Also, Grass Knuckles can put down boosting cards like Fertilize and Plant Food to boost her and make her a threat as she has the Bullseye trait.
Alternatively, Citron and Beta-Carrotina can use her in conjunction with beans like Bean Counter or Admiral Navy Bean. She will trigger both of the beans' abilities, and can also be buffed by Navy Bean due to her Amphibious trait.
For the zombie hero, it is best to take Sting Bean down before she gets stronger. Good, cheap counters to Sting Bean are Rolling Stone and Bungee Plumber. Using Nibble on her will reduce her strength to 0, turning Sting Bean into a very ineffective waste of space. However, it can be countered by Team-Up plants or by being boosted.
Alternatively, playing cheap zombies such as the Sumo Wrestler or Snorkel Zombie can help deal with her. Later in the game, The Chickening could be a viable option, as it also damages other plants in the process.
- She is the second plant to have a name that is a pun on "string bean", with the first being Spring Bean.
- Her original description referenced the fact that she has the Bullseye trait, which was originally named Truestrike.
- She is the only bean plant in the Guardian class.
- She, Spyris and Admiral Navy Bean are the only Amphibious plants that cost 1 sun.
- Also, she is the only one in the Guardian class.
- She is one of three plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes with glasses. The others are Sergeant Strongberry and Bean Counter.
- She is also the only one out of these to not be a Premium - Super-Rare card.
- If the player looks at her statistics closely, the player can see that her left eyebrow is missing.