|Abilities||When played: Plants here and next door get +2.|
|She's got nerves of steel... and everything else of steel!|
Steel Magnolia is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 3 to play, and has 2/2. It does not have any traits, and its ability gives all plants on its lane and the lanes adjacent to it +2, including this plant.
It is based on the magnolia, a type of flower, and steel, an alloy of Iron, Carbon, Chromium, and Nickel.
Its name is a combination of "steel," referring to what it is made of, and "magnolia," the real-life plant it is based on. It may also be a reference to the movie Steel Magnolias.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Plants here and next door get +2.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
She's got nerves of steel... and everything else of steel!
While Steel Magnolia's strength may be lackluster, its ability allows plants, including itself, to survive more hits and to ensure longer board control, being a highly effective plant both for its stats and contribution to your setup.
You can use it to boost the health of either a tanky plant that would be useful to take more hits, like Soul Patch or Hibernating Beary, or a frail plant to prevent it from being destroyed easily, like Mushroom Ringleader or Magnifying Grass.
While Steel Magnolia does not hit very hard, its ability makes it troublesome. 4 health alone is also quite a lot for the third turn too. It is recommended to bring some high-strength zombies to counter its ability. Evaporate, Locust Swarm, and B-flat are also decent choices.
- Its description refers the idiom "nerves of steel."
- It is one of the three flowers that are made of metal, the others being Metal Petal and Metal Petal Sunflower.
- Out of the three, it is the only one which is not a Sunflower variant.
- Even though it is made out of metal, it does not have the Armored trait.
- It shares this with Metal Petal Sunflower.