|Abilities||When played: Plants here and next door get +2.|
|She's got nerves of steel... and everything else of steel!|
Steel Magnolia is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. She costs 3 to play, and has 2/2. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives all plants on her lane and the lanes adjacent to her, including her, +2.
She is based on the magnolia, a type of flower, and steel, an alloy of Iron, Carbon, Chromium, and Nickel.
Her name is a combination of "steel," referring to what she is made of, and "magnolia," the real-life plant she is based on. Her name may also be a reference to the movie Steel Magnolias.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Plants here and next door get +2.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
She's got nerves of steel... and everything else of steel!
While Steel Magnolia's strength may be lackluster, her ability allows plants, including herself, to survive more hits and to ensure longer board control, being a highly effective plant both for her stats and contribution to your setup.
You can use her to boost the health of either a tanky plant so they can take a few more hits, like Soul Patch or Hibernating Beary, or a frail plant to prevent it from being destroyed easily, like Mushroom Ringleader or Magnifying Grass.
While Steel Magnolia does not hit very hard, her ability makes this card troublesome. 4 health alone is also quite a lot for the third turn too. It is recommended to bring some high-strength zombies to counter her ability. Evaporate, Locust Swarm, and B-flat are also decent choices. If the plants given the boost have less than 2 or less, Weed Spray or Rolling Stone will do the trick.
- Her description refers the idiom "nerves of steel."
- She is one of the three flowers that are made of metal, the others being Metal Petal and Metal Petal Sunflower.
- Out of the three, she is the only one which is not a Sunflower variant.
- Even though she is made out of metal, she does not have the Armored trait.
- She shares this with Metal Petal Sunflower.