- For other uses, see star (disambiguation).
Stars are projectiles in Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2 fired by Starfruits and Angel Starfruits. They are fired up, down, back, and in diagonal directions (for Plants vs. Zombies a slant of one square vertically for every two squares horizontally, and for Plants vs. Zombies 2 a more exact 1:1 ratio) from each of Starfruit's points. Five of them are fired at a time. Their damage is equal to that that of one pea per star. These are most helpful when dealing with large amounts of zombies, as multiple are shot from each Starfruit.
- See Starfruit for more strategies.
There is not much strategy related to the star, except that five stars get shot from the Starfruit every time it fires, all in different directions (backwards, up, down, and diagonally upwards and downwards on a slope of ±0.5) This means that the Starfruit is most effectively used in the middle lane of the lawn. While the stars of one Starfruit is not very powerful, usage of many Starfruits make stars very effective projectiles as zombies are constantly bombarded with an excessive number of stars.
- When a zombie is eating a Starfruit, two of the stars it attacks with will damage the zombie at once. However, if a Football Zombie, Pole Vaulting Zombie, or Imp, etc. is eating a Starfruit, it is hit with four stars because of their larger (or closer/unusual) hitbox.
- Of all the projectiles, it is one of the least used in the entire series, only being used by Starfruit and Angel Starfruit.
- Of these, only Starfruit is in Plants vs. Zombies, and the international versions of Plants vs. Zombies 2.