|Abilities||When revealed: Destroy one of their Nuts or Berries.|
|The only thing more difficult than herding cats.|
Squirrel Herder is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. She costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. She has the Gravestone trait, and her ability destroys a Nut or Berry plant on the field when revealed.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Destroy one of their Nuts or Berries.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
The only thing more difficult than herding cats.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
She is useful against any Kabloom or Guardian hero, and especially Spudow, which has both. She is better against Guardian plants which specialize in Nuts than Kabloom plants which specialize in Berries, since there are more Nuts than Berries in the game.
Squirrel Herder can instantly neutralize Nuts like Water Chestnut and Mirror-Nut, or potentially dangerous Berries like Sergeant Strongberry or Hibernating Beary. Her use decreases against a Solar hero, since the only Nut or Berry in the Solar class is Mixed Nuts, and her ability turns to be basically useless against Mega-Grow, since it has neither Nuts nor Berries. However, with the Feastivus update, Jolly Holly was added in the Smarty class, so Squirrel Herder is useful to destroy the Jolly Holly if you notice the plant hero is playing a freezing deck. Still, avoid bringing it on Green Shadow battles on Zombie Missions, since none of the decks that Green Shadow will use Jolly Holly.
Do not forget that Squirrel Herder is also a Pet zombie. You could use her like Pied Piper but with 1 one extra health to help boost Cat Lady or Zookeeper. Like Pied Piper, because she is in a Gravestone, she can surprise the plant hero if there is a Zookeeper or Cat Lady in another lane.
Most of the cards can counter her easily, due to her low health and attack. You can also use the Grave Buster on her, as she has the Gravestone trait. However, like Pied Piper, she is a Pet zombie so be careful if there is a Cat Lady or Zookeeper around other lanes. As Spudow, you have to be careful with what you plant, as his accessible plants are mostly nuts and berries, especially against a Beastly zombie hero.
- Her ability is a reference to how a squirrel's diet consists mainly of nuts and berries.
- Her animation is very similar to Skunk Punk's.
- Coincidentally, both are in the pet tribe and both attack using animals with four legs.
- On Brain Freeze's Premium Pack, she has red-orange hair instead of the blond hair she normally has.
- One lens on her binoculars is cracked.
- Her description may be mentioning Cat Lady.