|Abilities||When revealed: Destroy one of their Nuts or Berries.|
|The only thing more difficult than herding cats.|
Squirrel Herder is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. She costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. She has the Gravestone trait, and her ability instantly destroys a nut or berry plant on the field when she is revealed.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Destroy one of their Nuts or Berries.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
The only thing more difficult than herding cats.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
While Squirrel Herder has an average stat ratio of 1/1 per 1, her ability is very useful against any Kabloom or Guardian hero, especially Spudow, who leads both. She is better against Guardian plants which specialize in nuts than Kabloom plants which specialize in berries, since there are more nuts than berries in the game.
Squirrel Herder can instantly neutralize nuts like Water Chestnut and Mirror-Nut, or potentially dangerous berries like Sergeant Strongberry or Hibernating Beary. Her ability decreases in effectiveness against a Solar or Smarty hero, however, since the only nut or berry plants in the Solar and Smarty classes are Mixed Nuts, Jolly Holly, Wing-Nut and Sportacus, and her ability turns basically useless against the Mega-Grow class, since it has neither nuts nor berries. So if you are going up against Green Shadow, Chompzilla or Rose, it may not be the best idea to pack this card in your deck.
Like many Gravestone zombies, Grave Buster is a threat to this zombie. And since Grave Buster is a Guardian card, you must be extra careful against Guardian heroes. Spyris may also be played by Citron or Nightcap in particular, meaning that they can wait another turn for them to play their respective cards, rendering her ability useless.
As Brain Freeze, you can use In-Crypted or Mixed-Up Gravedigger to make her hide in a gravestone again and destroy another nut or berry, especially if Rolling Stone, Weed Spray, or instant kill cards are not available.
Most of the cards can counter her easily, due to her low stats. You can also play Grave Buster on her, as she has the Gravestone trait. You have to be especially careful when you are playing as Spudow or Nightcap, as most of your plants are either nuts or berries. Nightcap and Citron can also use Rescue Radish to bounce a powerful nut or berry, like Pecanolith or Sergeant Strongberry to prevent it from being destroyed.
- Her ability is a reference to how a squirrel's diet consists mainly of nuts and berries.
- Her animation is very similar to Skunk Punk's.
- Coincidentally, both are in the pet tribe and both attack using animals with four legs.
- On Brain Freeze's Premium Pack, she has red-orange hair instead of the blond hair she normally has.
- If you look closely, one lens on her binoculars is cracked.
- She is one of the three Beastly zombies with the Gravestone trait, the other two being Pied Piper and Loudmouth.
- She is the only female zombie out of the three.
- Her description is likely a reference to the idiom "to herd cats," describing a futile or impossible thing to do.
- It may also possibly be a reference to Cat Lady.