- For other uses, see Squash (disambiguation).
Squash is a basic common plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 5 to play, and its ability instantly destroys a selected zombie. Its zombie counterpart is Locust Swarm.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Squash Trick
- Ability: Destroy a Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Has a bad case of Resting Squash Face.
Squash can destroy any zombie regardless of stats and placement, unlike Lawnmower, which is unable to destroy zombies in aquatic lanes or heights, or Whack-a-Zombie, which cannot destroy zombies with 4 or more. On top of that, this trick does not trigger the "When hurt" abilities of zombies such as Jester or Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, since it is an instant-kill trick. Use this on any strong zombie that has high health or strength, such as Zombot 1000, King of the Grill, or Nurse Gargantuar, or early threats such as Jester or Tomb Raiser Zombie.
Squash instantly destroys any zombie regardless of stats and placement, so there is no way to nullify or lessen its destruction. You can, however, spread your boosts on all of your zombies to make all of them dangerous, rather than focusing everything on a single zombie and making it extremely threatening in case Squash destroys it. If you have to play a zombie that is prone to being destroyed by Squash, then use either Teleport or Teleportation Zombie to play it in the Zombie Tricks phase, or play Defensive End to stall a few more turns.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Squash (PvZH).
- On its card, Squash has different sized eyes, but in gameplay, its eyes are the same size.
- Also, on its card its warts have a different design and are placed differently than in gameplay.
- Smashing Pumpkin's description mentions that it and Squash are pals.
- It winks at the player while destroying a zombie and jumps out of the screen after it has finished, instead of being used up like in Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- This, Cherry Bomb and Iceberg Lettuce are the only plant tricks present in the Multiplayer menu.