- For other uses, see SPUDOW!
|Signature Superpower||Tater Toss|
|Other Superpowers|| Bubble Up|
|Always tries to keep his head in tough situations. Always loses it.|
Spudow is a plant hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the leader of the Kabloom and Guardian classes. His signature superpower is Tater Toss, which makes a Hothead on a selected ground or heights lane, which does 6 damage to a zombie in front of it when it is destroyed.
He is the hero version of Potato Mine.
- Classes: Kabloom, Guardian
- Boss Fights:
- Battle Area: Cave
Always tries to keep his head in tough situations. Always loses it.
Spudow can use aggressive Anti-Hero Plants to put the hurt on the enemy, while his explosive direct damage effects knock enemy defenders out of the way.
Spudow can be quite formidable when played properly. The best strategy for Spudow is to play defensively at the start and be on the offensive only at the later stages of the game. He can use his Guardian plants like Wall-Nuts to delay the match until he is able to bring out the deadly Kabloom plants like Dandy Lion King. Additionally, he has access to Anti-Hero plants like Poison Oak and Poison Ivy, and Bullseye plants such as Jugger-Nut. As such, he is meant to hit the zombie hero directly as much as possible, especially during the late game. If there is a zombie blocking a plant, Spudow can use tricks like Gardening Gloves to move the plant out of the way or play damaging tricks such as Berry Blast to take out the zombie directly.
Like what Dr. Zomboss stated when Spudow is first fought against, you would want to finish him quickly as he becomes more aggressive as the match progress. Hearty heroes are ideal to take care of Spudow's defenses since they have access to Rolling Stone and Weed Spray that can take care of bulky Guardian cards easily. If a late game occurs, you might want to prepare tricks such as Rocket Science to dispose of his high strength plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Spudow.
- His description is a gag to how Spudow uses his signature superpower, Tater Toss, in which he loses his head to summon a Hothead and respawns his head afterwards.
- He can take his head off, throw it as a Hothead and regrow it afterward. This may be alluding to the Potato Mine and Primal Potato Mine's Plant Food ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2, in which they send out copies of themselves.
- His entry animation alludes to the way Potato Mines take time to arm in other games.
- In the comic strip that introduces Spudow to the player, a Gargantuar Prime is shown, despite not being a zombie card.
- The Poncho Zombie is also present in the comic, despite not being a card in the game.
- Spudow is one of the two plant heroes to have unique battle themes. His theme is a remix of the collection screen.
- Spudow and Nightcap have the largest selection of berry cards of any plant hero.
- The third panel of the old comic strip that appears when the player receives Spudow shows the shadow of what is supposedly a Dancing Zombie, while the new one shows a Poncho Zombie instead.
- His eyes are similar to the Potato Mine's from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- He also has the trait of buck teeth as shown on the Potato Mine throughout the games.
- The name of Spudow's Super-Rare Strategy Deck is a reference to the Clone Wars, an event depicted in the Star Wars canon as well as the animated film and cartoon series of the same name.
- His versus panel image resembles the captain from Wall-E.