Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses, see SPUDOW!
|Signature Superpower||Tater Toss|
|Other Superpowers|| Bubble Up|
|Always tries to keep his head in tough situations. Always loses it.|
Spudow is the Potato Mine hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes who leads the Kabloom and Guardian plants against the zombies. Spudow's signature superpower is Tater Toss, which makes him pop out his head and will create a Hothead in a designated lane. However, it cannot be placed on water due to it lacking the Amphibious trait. The Hothead will explode and deal 6 damage to the zombie in its lane upon defeat.
Spudow is based on the Solanum tuberosum, commonly known as the potato. Spudow bears a resemblance to Baymax from the Disney animated film, Big Hero 6. His name is a reference to the onomatopoeia "SPUDOW!" that appears when a Potato Mine explodes, or the achievement itself, SPUDOW!.
- Classes: Kabloom, Guardian
- Boss Fights:
Always tries to keep his head in tough situations. Always loses it.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Spudow.
- His description is a gag to how Spudow uses his signature superpower, Tater Toss, in which that he loses his head to summon a Hothead and respawns his head afterwards.
- He can take his head off, throw it as a Hothead and regrow it afterward. This may be alluding to the Potato Mine and Primal Potato Mine's Plant Food ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2, in which they send out copies of themselves.
- Spudow has the head of a Plants vs. Zombies Potato Mine, but when he takes his head off and it becomes a Hothead it resembles a Plants vs. Zombies 2 Potato Mine.
- His entry animation alludes to the way Potato Mines take time to arm in other games.
- In the comic strip that introduces Spudow to the player, a Gargantuar Prime is shown, despite not being a zombie card.
- The Poncho Zombie is also present in the comic.
- Spudow can sometimes play the Hothead as if it was a normal plant fighter.
- Spudow is one of two plant heroes to have unique battle themes. His theme is a remix of the collection screen.
- The other hero is Green Shadow, who shares the melody of two other heroes, but with different instruments.
- Spudow has the largest selection of mushroom cards of any plant hero.
- The third panel of the old comic strip that appears when the player receives Spudow shows the shadow of what is supposedly a Dancing Zombie, while the new shows a Poncho Zombie.
- His eyes are similar to the Potato Mine's from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.