|Abilities||When played: Plants with no Strength get +2.|
|Don't let his gruff exterior fool you, he is always looking for the little guy.|
Spineapple is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 3 to play, and has 3. It has no traits, and its ability gives all plants on the field +2, but only those with no strength, including it.
Spineapple is based on a pineapple, a tropical plant with multiple edible fruit. Its name is a portmanteau of the words "spine", referring to the spikes it has and "pineapple", the plant this is based on.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Plants with no Strength get +2.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Don't let his gruff exterior fool you. He's always looking out for the little guy.
The player should use this in tandem with other plants like this such as Torchwood or Sweet Potato. However, plants like Wall-Nut should especially be used, as they are cheap and can be boosted by Spineapple easily. Water Chestnut and Hibernating Beary also work well with this. Using plants with the Team-Up trait along with this plant can really benefit as well. This plant can also regain strength that other plants have lost from cards like Nibble, Stupid Cupid, Landscaper, Pied Piper or Shrink Ray.
However, keep in mind that if you want to use this card alongside other stat-boosting cards such as Berry Angry or Storm Front, it is better to play this card first, as playing it after the previously mentioned will make its ability useless, as this card only affects plants with 0 strength.
Also, you still need to be careful against Hearty heroes because Weed Spray and Rolling Stone can still destroy plants with low strength, even if Spineapple is played, so you must play Spineapple carefully if the zombie hero saves 3 brains or more. However, Spudow can use Berry Angry to boost the plants up.
If there are a lot of plants on the field, Spineapple can cause a lot of mayhem. The best method of disposing of these plants is Weed Spray, as long as the plants are not boosted in any way. This is especially helpful for destroying plants with high health like Wall-Nut. However, if there are not that many plants on the field, using Rolling Stone can also work. Additionally, using stat-decreasing tricks like Nibble can help ease the situation.
- It looks similar to Endurian and its Plant Food appearance, both being fruits and having spiky features.
- It is the third plant to be based on a pineapple throughout the Plants vs. Zombies series, behind both Pineapple and Pineapple Cannon.
- Notably, Spineapple is the first instance of a Pineapple plant outside of Chinese-exclusive games.
- Its card description is based on the fact that it boosts plants with no strength, how it "looks out for the little guy," the little guy being the weak plant.