|Special||Does not move|
|First seen||Ancient Egypt 10-1|
The Sphinx is based on the real-life Egyptian sculpture of the same name. It has five zombies inside of it holding it up and moving it, indicating that it is hollow. It will spawn a column of zombies or the zombies will come out of the right side, as if it were a normal level. It can shoot fireballs, similar to the the original Zombot. The fireballs can only be stopped by an Iceberg Lettuce. If defeated, it flings five zombies on your lawn.
- Functionally, it is extremely similar to the Zombot from the original game, as it can send fireballs.
- The fireballs also have a resemblance to those the original Zombot sent out.
- It is one of four bosses in the series that is not a robot.
- Despite this, the Sphinx's eye looks mechanical.
- It and Desert Death Zombie are the only zombies added to Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies Online.