Spawnable Plants (also called Potted Plants) are plants that can be used in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. They are neither playable nor revivable, (except for by Crazy Dave in Boss Mode who can revive them with the Revive Rainbow), they are also plantable in Garden Ops, Gardens & Graveyards, and Taco Bandits. Most of them, except the Heal Flower, attack zombies. The Spawnable Plants come in many rarities, the weak ones are usually common or uncommon, while the more useful and more powerful ones have rare or even extremely rare rarity. There is a total of 19 Spawnable Plants.
List of Spawnable Plants
- Pea Cannon - Shoots large peas at zombies at a slow rate that deal small splash damage.
- Pea Repeater - Does the same thing as the Pea Cannon, except it shoots two peas at a time, and has slightly more health. Exclusive to the original Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Gatling Pea - Shoots small pea pellets at a rapid rate at one zombie in it's line of sight.
- Bonk Choy - Punches very close zombies a few times, dealing heavy damage. After punching, this plant sits for a while doing nothing to "recharge" it's attack.
- Scaredy-shroom - This shoots a projectile every few seconds at zombies that are far away, and then it hides and does nothing when a zombie comes close to it. When it is hiding, however, it takes greatly reduced damage. Its Halloween costume is called Frankenshroom.
- Heal Flower - Drops six sundrops nearby, which are drawn to and then heal nearby plants.
- Fume-shroom - Sprays close zombies with a several-second stream of acidic bubbles that can penetrate shields and armor.
- Goop-shroom - This shoots Goop at zombies, which slows them down and slightly damages them.
- Snap Dragon - Breathes fire at close zombie that can make zombies take additional damage over time from the fire affect. Its Halloween costume is called Cat Dragon.
- Ice-shroom - Sprays out ice all around it when a zombie or multiple zombies come close to it. This ice blast damages and freezes zombies in place for a short period of time, and it can freeze all zombies around it. Its Christmas costume is called Snow-shroom.
- Doom-shroom - Explodes and does 200 damage all around it when it senses zombies nearby, than recharges for a while while hiding in its pot. Its Christmas costume is called Cariboom.
- Ice Peashooter - Shoots large peas like the Pea Cannon at zombies, except its peas do ice damage to zombies, slowing and eventually freezing them in place. Exclusive to the original Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Fire Peashooter - It also shoots large peas, like the Pea Cannon, except it's peas catch zombies that are damaged by it's peas on fire, so that they take lingering damaged over time. Exclusive to the original Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Bamboo Shoot - Fires four projectiles into the sky when it senses a zombie, that come down seconds later on one target zombie that explode, dealing heavy direct hit damage and decent splash damage.
- Laser Bean - Shoots medium damage lasers that can penetrate shields and armor very quickly. Exclusive to the original Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Toxic Gloom-shroom - A new potted plant introduced in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 which sprays gas that deals lingering toxic damage all around it when it senses zombie nearby, and then spends a while "recharging".
- Lightning Reed- A new potted plant introduced in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It can shoot a lightning bolt at a zombie that can spread to and damage other zombies nearby, and it can release lightning all around it, similar to the Toxic Gloom-shroom, but then has to "recharge" for longer.
- Weed - A new type of Spawnable Plant introduced in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. They are not potted plants but mobile plant counterparts of AI zombies in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Weed - The plant counterpart of Browncoat Zombie.
- Pumpkin Weed - The plant counterpart of Conehead Zombie.
- Terracotta Weed - The plant counterpart of Buckethead Zombie.
- Vase Weed - The plant counterpart of Coffin Zombie.
- Porcelain Vase Weed - The plant counterpart of Outhouse Zombie.
- Leaf Shield Weed - The plant counterpart of Newspaper Zombie.
- Wood Shield Weed - The plant counterpart of Screen Door Zombie.
- Flag Weed - The plant counterpart of Flag Zombie.
- Heal Weed - The plant counterpart of Heal Zombie.
- Dandelion - The plant counterpart of Exploding Imp.
- Halloweed - Halloween themed weed that wears a cauldron and has slightly more health. Counterpart of Jackocoat, and can only be obtained in the Lawn of Doom event.
- Feastivus Weed - Christmas themed weed that wears a bauble on it's head and has slightly more health. Counterpart of the Zomtree, and can only be obtained in the Feastivus event.
- Springenweed - Easter themed weed that wears a painted Easter egg on it's head and has slightly more health. Counterpart of the Bunnycoat, and can only be obtained in the Springening event.
- Hypno-shroom - Shoots blasts that damage zombies and occasionally attaches a beam to a zombie that impairs their zombie's vision and slowly drains their health.
Some Spawnable Zombies can overpower all the potted plants. There are also more Spawnable Zombies than Spawnable Plants, and Spawnable Zombies can last for multiple bases (sometimes the entire round) while Spawnable Plants can only last one base (since they and their flower pots disappear when a base is captured), which makes it unfair to the plants. And most zombies focus on destroying plants and take longer to vanquish because of very high health and ability to walk. It can be guaranteed 80% of the time that Coffin and Outhouse Zombies will be more useful than a Doom-shroom despite being less rare than a Doom-shroom. Even Spawnable Zombies outside of Garden Ops will attempt to vanquish potted plants so it is recommended to put Tallnuts around them. But it will sometimes block shooting plants' projectiles, preventing it from shooting zombies, so only use it on certain plants. For shooting plants, you can use Tallnut Battlements to protect them from being eaten by Spawnable Zombies and letting the plant shoot zombies, however this will usually not protect them against playable zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- All Spawnable Plants make sounds when planted and when vanquished.
- When killed with fire or with explosives (like the ZPG or the Imp Punt) most potted plants just wilt, even though they would burned up or been blown to pieces in real life. The flower pot they are placed in is also unaffected, and becomes ready for a plant to plant another Spawnable Plant in a few minutes later.
- Snap Dragon loses his vivid glowing red eyes in Garden Warfare 2, being replaced by regular red eyes that do not glow.
- In the launch trailer for Garden Warfare 2, you can see a Weed holding a treasure chest.
- This Weed never appears in-game.