Space Pirate is a galactic rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 3 to play, and has 3/2. He has the Anti-Hero 2 trait, and his ability moves him to a random lane when a plant is played on his lane.
His description most likely references to the fact that stereotypical pirates usually have hooks.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Pet Pirate Zombie
- Trait: Anti-Hero 2
- Ability: This moves to a random lane when a Plant is played here.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Rare
At first he just dabbled in space piracy, but then he got hooked.
- Added to the game.
Space Pirate is just like Zombie Chicken that only has 1 more strength but costs 2 more brains, which is not really remarkable. However, what makes him shine is his Anti-Hero 2 trait, and because of his ability, he has a higher chance of doing 5 damage to the plant hero as it prevents plants from blocking his path easily.
Arguably, the best hero that can use him is Brain Freeze, as this zombie is in the pet tribe which enables synergy with Zookeeper and Cat Lady. Barring his pet tribe, he can also work well with Swashbuckler Zombie, as he is also in the pirate tribe to make him grow stronger if he manages to hurt the plant hero, which is very easy to do so as he will most likely move into an empty lane. Captain Flameface can give him the Strikethrough trait, but keep in mind that his Anti-Hero 2 trait only activates if there are no plants in the lane.
Space Pirate is a powerful glass cannon that you cannot just play plants to block him. The best ways to deal with this zombie is using tricks like Banana Bomb, Shamrocket (if he is in an empty lane), or Whack-a-Zombie (if he is in front of a plant). You can also fill all the lanes with plants to prevent him from attacking you directly.
- He, Zombie Chicken, and Fire Rooster all share the same ability.
- Coincidentally, they are all pet zombies and in the Sneaky class.
- He is the only pirate to have the Anti-Hero trait.
- He is also the only non-Imp zombie to have the Anti-Hero trait.
- Before the July 11th, 2017 update, his strength icon used the normal strength icon instead of the strength icon used for zombies with the Anti-Hero trait.