Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Abilities||When played: Do 1 damage to each Zombie.|
|Sour. Bitter. Resentful. It's all true. But he's got his reasons.|
Sour Grapes is a basic common plant card introduced in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom plants. It costs 4 to play, and has 2/2 when first played. When played, it will deal 1 damage to every zombie on the field.
It is based on the Grape, a fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines of the botanical genus Vitis. Its name is either based on the term "sour grapes," used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they can't have it themselves, or the 1998 comedy movie Sour Grapes.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Ability: When played: Do 1 damage to each Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Sour. Bitter. Resentful. It's all true. But he's got his reasons.
- Design change: its face is changed to make it look angry, possibly to fit its name and description better.
Sour Grapes can be used to finish off damaged zombies or to weaken out all of the zombies on the field. It is also surprisingly effective against zombie heroes from the Crazy class, such as Impfinity or Electric Boogaloo. This is because the majority of the Crazy zombies have 1 health point, allowing Sour Grapes to easily wipe them out. It is also useful when combined with Sergeant Strongberry, doing 3 damage to every zombie on the field to take out zombies with higher health. If you're playing as Nightcap, using this directly after using The Great Zucchini will wipe the field of zombies. The best time to use this is when there are 4 or more zombies.
However, the player should worry the most about its ability when played, especially when the player is playing as a Crazy zombie hero. The best counters for this plant are the Armored zombies, as they can withstand Sour Grapes' ability without taking any damage. To protect zombies without Armored, the player can use buffing cards like Yeti Lunchbox or Camel Crossing. It is not recommended to bounce Sour Grapes as this will allow the opponent to play it again, replaying its ability.
- This plant's appearance and special ability may be inspired by the Plants vs. Zombies 2 plant Grapeshot.
- It is one of the three plants based on grapes, the other two being Grapes of Wrath and Grapeshot.
- The words "sour", "bitter", and "resentful" mentioned in its description are references to jealousy, which is referencing what this plant's name is based on.
- If it is spawned by Seedling, the grapes it fires when played will be glowing strikes instead.
- Originally, it would deal 2 damage to each zombie, but has been nerfed due lack of balance.