Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses of beans, see bean.
Sombrero Bean Bomb is an alternate ability of the Peashooter's Chili Bean Bomb. The differences between the two are that the Sombrero Bean Bomb has a longer fuse, deals more damage than Chili Bean Bomb which is 250, and has a slightly larger range. It takes 30 seconds to recharge.
Nothing says "hot" like a Chili Bean wearing a sombrero! The fuse is quite long, but the damage is mighty impressive. Timing is the key with this fun friend.
Make sure to think ahead of time when deploying Sombrero Bean Bomb. Its long fuse time can be a waste if deployed too late or too early as your opponents can have a chance to avoid it. The Sombrero Bean Bomb is an ideal tool for destroying teleporters since it takes exactly two hits from the Sombrero Bean Bomb to destroy a full-health teleporter while the default Chili Bean Bomb requires three hits. If a Foot Soldier deploys Zombie Stink Cloud or Super Stink Cloud, it can be used as a good cover for the Sombrero Bean Bomb, as even Zombies cannot see through the Stink Cloud and they will use it as a cover and then will get blown up.
The Sombrero Bean Bomb makes loud sounds when deployed and takes a considerable amount of time to detonate. This allows you to escape before it blows up. The Scientist's Energy Warp is effective against Sombrero Bean Bomb. Due to the fact it makes the Scientist immune to damage whilst in Energy Warp, the Scientist can completely avoid the explosion without harm.
- In the trailer, the icon of it still looks like Chili Bean Bomb and its voice is slightly higher pitched and lasts a bit longer.
- It shouts Mexican Spanish words when it gets shot out and about to explode. A "Ta Da!" tune is also heard before exploding.
- Specifically, it says "Ándale" when deployed, and before it explodes, it says "Arriba!" These words translate to "Come on!" and "Get up!", respectively.
- It leaves confetti behind when it explodes.