|Unlocked||Beating Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum - Level 8-1|
Sod (草垛; pinyin: cǎo duǒ) is a plant and an environment modifier in Plants vs. Zombies Online. It is obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum. Like the Lily Pad and Flower Pot, it allows other plants to be planted on it, acting as an extension plant. It can only be planted on unsodded paths.
Do what you would when using a Flower Pot or a Lily Pad. However, keep in mind that you can plant ground plants, such as Potato Mine on it. Planting Wall-nuts on it can help protect your Sods as well as the other plants behind it, as Hawker Carts will appear in these lanes and will release their Zombie Piggies every five seconds. Avoid planting Spikeweed or Spikerock on it, as when Sod is eaten up by a zombie, they will disappear along with it.
- In England, its name is a swear word.
- It is the only non-instant-use plant to not have a Plant Food ability.
- It is one of the two plants that can be planted on pathways directly. The first is the Winter Melon.
- It is the third plant to serve the purpose of a planting base for other plants, after Lily Pad and Flower Pot.
- It and Winter Melon do not appear in Adventure Mode, and are the only plants introduced in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum to have this trait.