- For other versions, see Snapdragon (disambiguation).
|Tribe||Dragon Flower Plant|
|Traits||Splash Damage 3|
|"I'm a dragon; I'm a Plant... I'm a mystery!"|
Snapdragon is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 4 to play, and has 3/2. It has the Splash Damage 3 trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribes: Dragon Flower Plant
- Trait: Splash Damage 3
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"I'm a dragon; I'm a Plant... I'm a mystery!"
- Description change: Quotation marks were added to the start and end of its description.
- Design change: Its attack now resembles its attack in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2
Snapdragon may look weak for its cost. However, while it is fragile, it is more dangerous than what its stats say, as it is capable of finishing off multiple zombies due to its Splash Damage trait. As mentioned before, it is extremely fragile, usually only having one turn to attack. However, giving it health boosts or playing it behind a Team-Up plant can help with this weakness.
Citron and Beta-Carrotina have the best usage out of Snapdragon due to their large disposal of Team-Up plants and health boosting abilities. In addition, Citron also has Root Wall and Peel Shield, which can make Snapdragon almost invincible for one turn. Rose can use Snapdragon in a flower deck. Combined with Briar Rose, this pair can defeat nearly any zombie. You can also make it do bonus attacks as Green Shadow to immediately remove, or at least wreck some havoc against a zombie in front of it, and since it has the Splash Damage trait, its attack does not fully go to waste even against Gravestone zombies. Nightcap can increase Snapdragon's base strength, but keep in mind that its Splash Damage will stay the same.
To utilize its Splash Damage trait to its max potential, you can play it on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lane to be able to hit 3 zombies per attack. On the 4th lane, you can take out troubling zombies in the aquatic lane such as Toxic Waste Imp and Dolphin Rider.
Snapdragon is incredibly dangerous, as it can damage and even destroy 3 zombies at once. Worst-case scenario, the zombie in the lane to the right of Snapdragon may be destroyed before it gets its chance to attack if it has low health. Fortunately, Snapdragon has one big weakness: its low health stat. Any damaging zombie can destroy it easily, but beware, as Splash Damage affects other zombies that may be next to that zombie. If you are a Sneaky hero, using zombies with Strikethrough is a great way to destroy it, especially if Snapdragon is played behind another plant. Using damaging tricks or abilities like Bungee Plumber or Conga Zombie, or health-lowering cards like Alien Ooze, Nibble, or Pied Piper are even better since they can destroy Snapdragon before it can attack.
However, as of update 1.16.10, Snapdragon now has 2 health, which means that Nibble, Pied Piper, and Conga Zombie must be played twice to destroy it.
Additionally, you can use tricks such as Shrink Ray to lower its strength. However, note that its Splash Damage is not affected by the strength drop unless its strength is lowered to 0.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Snapdragon (PvZH).
- On the rooftops that are the locations for missions such as Battle at the BBQ, the side where the plant hero stands has two Snapdragon statues.
- Snapdragon has a lighting on it that suggests it was a legendary plant at some point in development, since some legendary plants and zombies have a hard yellow lighting.
- Also, Snapdragon's animation when played looks like it could've had a legendary aura, with its rise animation.
- In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, Snapdragon has wings, unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- On the advertisement for the Green Shadow Ally Pack and on the pack itself, it appears to have no wings.
- This also occurs on the Fertilizer Premium Pack, though the other plants may be covering its wings.
- It and Dark Matter Dragonfruit are the only dragon cards in the game.
- It is one of the five super-rare cards that don't have any abilities, the others being Deep Sea Gargantuar, All-Star Zombie, Jugger-Nut and Laser Bean.
- Unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2, it does not thaw frozen zombies, despite it attacking with fire.