|Special||Damages all zombies in the 6 tiles in front of it|
|Direct damage||1.5 normal damage shots|
|Unlocked||Beating Pirate Seas - Day 3|
|Unlocked (China)||Collect 20 stars in Pirate Seas, Collect 10 Snapdragon Puzzle Pieces or buy it with 100 gems for a limited time|
|Although the most powerful dragon in the plant kingdom, he still dreams of wings and seeing the world beneath him.|
Snapdragon is the second plant obtained in Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It emits a wall of flames that hits all zombies on the tile above and below it, and in a 3x2 space in front of it. The fire deals 1.5 per hit and can thaw chilled or frozen enemies, as well as relight Explorer Zombies' torches and Prospector Zombies' dynamite sticks.
Snapdragon is based on the flower Antirrhinum, commonly known as the dragon flower or snapdragon in English. The name is also a pun, as Snapdragon's head is similar to that of a fictional European dragon, and Snapdragon can breath fire.
Sun cost: 150
Snapdragons breathe fire that causes damage in 6 adjacent tiles.
Special: damages all zombies in the 6 tiles in front of it
Although the most powerful dragon in the plant kingdom, he still dreams of wings and seeing the world beneath him.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
When given Plant Food, Snapdragon releases a powerful burst of fire in a 3x3 square in front of it, dealing 90 damages to all affected enemies. It will also instantly kill a Pharaoh Zombie, even if the zombie is still in its sarcophagus.
The radius of the Plant Food ability is increased from a 3x3 area to a 4x3 area.
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
Dragon Spray: Rushes to the first enemy in its lane and sprays fire in 3x3 area. It needs Brave Plant Food to activate.
Snapdragon is the first area of effect the player will obtain in the game, and can stay relevant in the later worlds. Its unique attack pattern allows for up to eight Snapdragons to stack their attack with each other, dealing great amounts of damage to single targets. This combined with Snapdragon's ability to hit multiple targets make Snapdragon a better choice than Bonk Choy for most targets, as a column of Snapdragons deals as much damage as a column of Bonk Choys, yet can hit more targets and has better range. However, Snapdragon still share a great weakness with Bonk Choy, albeit at a lesser degree: Its low range allows zombies that can crush or deny defensive plants to have less trouble closing the distance and devastate the player's defense. Snapdragon also does not synergize well with ice-based plants as it can thaw enemies, and its ability to relight objects can be detrimental - Explorer Zombie poses a great threat in particular, as it can also instantly destroy plants.
Snapdragon's Plant Food ability is quite notable compared to other plants'. Compared to Bonk Choy's, Snapdragon's deals more damage and has a more advantageous area placement, making Snapdragon a better choice when it comes to normal house defending as Bonk Choy's effect will be hindered by it hitting tiles further in to your defense, which in fortunate conditions, will not be contested by zombies. Two Snapdragons placed in the second and fourth lane when linked by Tile Turnip in particular can cleanup most threats with little issue with a single Plant Food.
Because of its low effective range, Snapdragon should always be used in tandem with defensive plants. Infi-nut and Garlic stand out in particular - Infi-nut's Plant Food allows more Snapdragon to be placed in tiles normally reserved for defensive plants, and Garlic can create a Gloom-shroom-esque formation and protect Snapdragon. Slowing or stunning plants that are not ice-based such as Sap-fling and Kernel-pult can also buy more time for Snapdragon before the enemies can hurt it.
Avoid using Snapdragons in Arthur's Challenge against Imp Dragon Zombies, as they are immune to fire-based attacks. In addition, Snapdragon will have difficulty against Wizard Zombies, as it lacks the necessary range to damage them before they can disable plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Snapdragon.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Planting ten Snapdragons in one level earns the player the achievement, Dragon Age.
- Its costume, a firefighter helmet, may be a reference to Lord Cinderbottom from Peggle Nights, another PopCap game.
- In the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 it has smaller eyes.
- In Chinese version of Plants vs Zombies 2, its attack would not reignite torches of Explorer Zombies.
- Snapdragon's attack will hit all zombies in its range simultaneously, rather than hitting them once the flame reaches them as the animation implies. This trait is shared with Fume-shroom.
- If Snapdragon relights Explorer Zombie's torch while eating the Snapdragon, it will not be incinerated.
- Although Snapdragon breathes out fire, it can still be frozen in Frostbite Caves and cannot warm other plants.
- Its head can be seen on the pole under the construction imps at the end of the Lost City Part 1 map.
- Its 2015 Birthdayz costume is a reference to the cupcake from the song "Mr. Right" sang by the singer Kim Chiu.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
- It attacks zombies by spitting fireballs at them.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
- It attacks in a 3x1 range.
- Its appearance, 200 sun cost, and way of attack make it different from its counterpart.
- If one looks closely in the advertisement, he or she can see it has little arms.