|"If I had a hammer... Wait a sec... I AM a hammer!"|
Its name is a portmanteau of "smoosh," referring to the way it attacks, and "mushroom", the real-life 'plant' this is based on.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"If I had a hammer... Wait a sec... I AM a hammer!"
- ▼ Health change: 6 → 4
Smoosh-Shroom, similar to Smashing Pumpkin, is a mundane plant, as it has pretty much below average stats for a 5-sun cost plant, and with no abilities. It does hit very hard, but its lack of abilities make it outclassed by other 5-sun cost plants like Power Flower or Whipvine. Green Shadow can play stat-boosting cards like Fertilize to make it stronger. Since this is a mushroom card, Nightcap can boost this with Buff-Shroom, or apply pressure and play Punish-Shroom while this is on field.
Smoosh-Shroom has a lot of strength, and can take out a large chunk of health at anything it attacks. However, you can take advantage of its strength at the same time and instantly destroy it with Rocket Science or Cut Down to Size. Locust Swarm can also instantly destroy this plant. Any zombie with 4 or more strength, or with the Deadly trait can instantly destroy it. However, remember that the zombie that faces Smoosh-Shroom is going to be either destroyed, or badly damaged unless you destroy it with a bonus attack.
- Its description is a reference to the song "If I Had a Hammer" by Pete Seeger and Lee Hays.
- This is the second time this song is referenced, the first being Excavator Zombie's Almanac entry.
- It, Sportacus and Mush-Boom are the only mushroom cards in the Smarty class.
- It is the only mushroom present in the Multiplayer menu.