|Sure, he and Squash are pals. But there's always an undercurrent of competition between them.|
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Squash Plant
- Traits: None
- Effects: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Sure, he and Squash are pals. But there's always an undercurrent of competition between them.
- ▼ Strength change: 7 → 6.
- ▼ Health change: 6 → 5.
Compared to other 6-sun cost plants, Smashing Pumpkin has no traits nor effects, but makes up with sheer strength. The player may mass up more sun to play and spam Smashing Pumpkin more quickly.
Unfortunately, Smashing Pumpkin does not benefit from any cards due to its tribe, which means that Smashing Pumpkin is on its own when facing zombies. Smashing Pumpkin also faces severe competition against Three-Headed Chomper, Super-Phat Beets, and Tough Beets, which almost always outperforms it.
Smashing Pumpkin hits very hard and is quite bulky, destroying or heavily damaging you or your zombies. It is best to destroy it with a trick like Rocket Science, Locust Swarm, B-flat, or Deadly zombies. You can also make zombies with 5 or more strength do a bonus attack.
- It is the fifth plant based on the pumpkin in the series, the first being Pumpkin, the second being Saucer, the third being Jack O' Lantern, and the fourth being Pumpkin Witch.
- Its name is most likely a reference to the band Smashing Pumpkins.
- Its description mentions Squash as they are most likely partners.