- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
|Abilities||All Gargantuars have Frenzy.|
|When he phones home, it means something completely different.|
Smashing Gargantuar is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He can also be made by Gargantuar-Throwing Imp. He costs 5 to play, and has 5/5. He does not have any traits, and his ability gives all Gargantuar zombies on the field, including him, the Frenzy trait. This ability persists until all Smashing Gargantuars are removed from the field.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Gargantuar Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: All Gargantuars have Frenzy.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
When he phones home, it means something completely different.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Rare
Smashing Gargantuar himself is very powerful. He is strong enough to clear a lane of plants, then strike your opponent. And with other Gargantuars on the field, the devastation he causes gets even more massive.
Smashing Gargantuar synergizes with every Beastly hero, but the hero who can use him the best is The Smash, as the Hearty class has access to the most Gargantuar zombies (aside from the Beastly class), as well as Gargologist which can lower the cost of this zombie so it can be played earlier to put pressure on your opponent.
Keep in mind, however, that all Gargantuars are vulnerable to Doom-Shroom unless one's strength has been lowered, so using this along with other Gargantuars against a Guardian hero is quite risky, as they may have Doom-Shroom cards in their deck.
Smashing Guargantuar is a very dangerous zombie, but there are a few ways to easily take care of it. You can play Squash or Lawnmower to get rid of him, or even better, Doom-Shroom, since it destroys all Gargantuars at once compared to the former two. If you are going to play Doom-Shroom, however, it is recommended to see if you have any plants with 4 or more on the field, as they also get destroyed from it. You can also play Shamrocket to get rid of him.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Smashing Gargantuar.
- His description is a reference to the movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and its famous quote "E.T., phone home", which can also mean to call friends or family at someone's house.
- Prior to update 1.14.13, he and Imp-Throwing Gargantuar were the only Basic - Common Gargantuar cards.
- He, All-Star Zombie, Newspaper Zombie, and Imp are the only zombies introduced in Modern Day to be in this game.