Small Lotus (莲小蓬; pinyin: lián xiǎo péng) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Depending on whether it is planted on land or in the water in Big Wave Beach, Small Lotus has two types of attacks. When planted on land, Small Lotus' attack consists of lobbing long-range torpedoes that cause a single-tile explosion. The attack deals approximately 80 damage per shot and has no splash damage. On the other hand, when planted in water, Small Lotus fires a torpedo cruiser. It does the same amount of damage as its land attack but it does splash damage.
It is based on Nelumbo, commonly known as the lotus plant.
Note: Small Lotus' damage in-game is Heavy.
莲小蓬 (Small Lotus)
Sun cost: 200
Small Lotus is stronger in the water than on the land.
Plant feature: green plant, aquatic plant
Plant Food effect
He fires a missile that explodes, dealing approximately 1200 damage per shot to the zombie it hits.
When Plant Food is given on land, it shoots a powerful missile at the closest zombie in the lane. If given in water, it will shoot the same powerful missile, but it cruises along the water, damaging all zombies and exploding in a 3x3 radius on the rightmost edge of the screen.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Small Lotus.
- Its original Chinese name, "莲小蓬", is an anagram from plant part name "小莲蓬, which literally means "small lotus pod" or "young lotus pod," to give it more in form of a human name in Chinese. The name "莲小蓬" can be translated as "Lotus Pod, Jr." in the English name system. It can also mean "Lin small bottle."
- If it is on a Lily Pad on water, it still fires the projectiles from its water attack.
- Its recharge time is slightly shorter than Fast, making it the plant with the shortest recharge time.
- Its projectiles explode like Potato Mine.
- Whenever it attacks, it makes the same sound that Coconut Cannon makes when Plant Food is used on it.
- According to its Almanac entry, Lily Pad is its brother.
- It is the fourth plant to be amphibious, with the other three being Ghost Pepper, Guacodile and Rotobaga. All plants (excluding Horse Bean and Anthurium) unlocked in Sky City are also amphibious, because they are airborne like Rotobaga and Ghost Pepper.
- A.K.E.E. and Small Lotus have a similar reload animation.
- It was originally going to cost 300 sun.
- Its description references the Kongfu World.
- It and Acid Lemon are the only Chinese-exclusive plants in Big Wave Beach.
- It is the first plant based off of a lotus in the series.
- It is also the only so far to be based off of a lotus, unless the player counts Arcane Lotus.