|Abilities||When played: Make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up here.|
|Shrooms, bless their hearts, always wanting to cuddle up cuddly-like.|
Shroom for Two is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1/1. It does not have any traits, and its ability makes a Puff-Shroom in front of it when it is played, but only if its lane is unoccupied by another Team-Up plant.
Shroom for Two is in a sense two Puff-shrooms, referring to a common tactic to swarm Puff-shrooms in the main Plants vs. Zombies games due to the plant's fast recharge speed and nonexistent cost.
Its name is a portmanteau of "shroom," referring to the fact that it is a mushroom, and the phrase "room for two."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up here.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
Shrooms, bless their hearts, always wanting to cuddle up cuddly-like.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
This is actually different from a plant with 2 strength and 1 health. It can take 1 extra hit, but has its attack halved when it does. This feature allows it to dish out 2 damage in its lane for each turn, unless if either the Puff-Shroom or Shroom for Two gets destroyed. Also, since this is 2 plants at once, it synergizes twice as much with both sides, notably Muscle Sprout, Astro-Shroom, Buff-Shroom, Punish-Shroom, Zombot Sharktronic Sub, or Vimpire. However, since it damages for 1 twice rather than 2 at once, it will be walled by zombies with Armored like Conehead.
If Buff-Shroom successfully boosts both Shroom for Two and Puff-Shroom, it can be a good substitute to Pair of Pears as it has a beneficial tribe unlike the latter, with the added benefit of you saving 2 sun total.
Playing Shroom for Two on Mushroom Grotto can make two more Puff-Shrooms on random lanes, which can in turn synergize with the previously mentioned plants greatly. Since both cards are in the Kabloom class, all four Kabloom heroes can use this combo as well.
However, Shroom for Two is a poor counter against Frenzy zombies, and can be easily destroyed with a Strikethrough zombie, so it is not recommended to play it on the same lane as one unless it can destroy said zombie on its turn of combat. An example is Vimpire, who actually benefits from Shroom for Two due to his ability.
When it is played, it is best to have a zombie with the Frenzy or Strikethrough trait on its lane in order to destroy both this plant and the Puff-Shroom made from it. Do not Bounce Shroom for Two, because if you do, your opponent can play it again to make another Puff-Shroom.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Shroom for Two.
- It, Pair of Pears, and Poppin' Poppies are the only plants that can make other plants with Team-Up.
- If the player looks closely, the cap with circular spots of the bigger Puff-Shroom resembles the one used in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- In older versions, when Shroom for Two itself was moved by another zombie (e.g. Sumo Wrestler), it will play the animation that it was activating its ability, but nothing will be made. In newer versions, it simply moves without doing this animation.
- This is because the animation played when Puff-Shroom is made is also its "when played" animation.