|Tribe||Science Superpower Trick|
|Abilities||A plant gets -3. Draw a card.|
|Rustbolt gets a kick out of belittling Plants.|
Shrink Ray is Rustbolt's premium legendary zombie superpower card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of both the Brainy and Hearty classes. It costs 1 to play, and its ability will give a selected plant -3. In addition, the player will draw a card.
- Class: Brainy, Hearty
- Tribe: Science Superpower Trick
- Ability: A Plant gets -3. Draw a card.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Rustbolt gets a kick out of belittling Plants.
Shrink Ray is ideal against a heavy hitting plants to let a zombie facing it survive longer, or using it on an early-game threat like Bonk Choy or Poison Mushroom, who instantly becomes harmless. Shrink Ray also gives you a card, which lets the player maintain their card count after using it.
This trick can be used on a plant that was boosted by Blazing Bark to almost completely get rid of the boost. You can also use this against Repeater and Bananasaurus Rex to prevent them from causing too much damage from their bonus attacks, or Doubled Mint to prevent it from getting a boost.
However, since Shrink Ray only works on one plant, you should choose the plant that would deserve a nerf the most, should there be multiple threats on the field.
Just like all other zombie tricks, there isn't a way to counter this the turn it's played.
Any Mega-Grow hero can easily boost the weakened plant to make them useful again. If you're playing as Captain Combustible and haven't used Blazing Bark yet, you can use that too.
If you're playing as a hero that doesn't have access to such boosting tricks (like Solar Flare), let the zombies finish off the nerfed plant so you can replace it with a new one later.
- Before the 1.2.11 update, if a plant with temporary strength boost (via Torchwood, Anti-Hero, etc.) is affected by Shrink Ray, when that boost is removed, the plant may end up with a negative strength. This also applies to other strength decreasing abilities.
- When this happens, the plant will normally do no damage.
- As of the 1.2.11 update, Shrink Ray shrinks a plant in size, in addition to draining its strength.
- If a plant is moved when it has been shrunk, it will revert to its original size.
- Even though plants drained it's strength, the plants can still attack with normal size projectiles.