|Tribe||Leafy Pinecone Trick|
|Abilities||Destroy a Zombie that has 4 or more.|
|The bigger they are, the harder they go boom.|
Shamrocket is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability instantly destroys a zombie with 4 or more. Its zombie counterpart is Rocket Science.
It became available on the Zombie's Luck Weekly Event and was available from March 22 2017 to March 28 2017, and was also available in a Time Travel Pack from March 7th, 2017 through March 14th, 2017.
Its name is a portmanteau of "shamrock," the real-life plant it is based on, and "rocket," referring to its appearance.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Leafy Pinecone Trick
- Ability: Destroy a Zombie that has 4 or more.
- Set: Event
The bigger they are, the harder they go boom.
- Added to the game.
- Tribe added: Pinecone
- Became craftable.
Shamrocket is basically the plant counterpart of Rocket Science, due to them having the exact same use. However, unlike Rocket Science, Shamrocket can't be used on zombies that were boosted through tricks on that turn, meaning you have to take the hit and retaliate next turn. On the other hand, since plants play after zombies, you can destroy a high-strength zombie before your opponent can boost it or make it do a bonus attack. Generally, you can also aim to destroy powerful zombies with Shamrocket like Zombot 1000, Nurse Gargantuar, Wizard Gargantuar, and other zombies that have more than 4 strength. However, since you can only have 4 in a deck, only use them on zombies that will cause you a lot of trouble.
Shamrocket is also an alternative to Doom-Shroom as you can destroy a single zombie that has high strength and to protect your high-strength plants from being destroyed from Doom-Shroom as well. However, if you expect that the zombie hero will play multiple high-strength zombies, then Doom-Shroom should be used as it affects multiple fighters.
Be careful when facing a Guardian hero, as boosting your zombies may cause them to be destroyed by this trick. The hero that you should be most cautious of is Wall-Knight, since he can pair it up with Whack-a-Zombie, which will allow him to destroy all zombies regardless of strength for 3 sun. It is difficult to anticipate if your opponent has this card, and therefore, it can be hard to counter. The best way to prevent this trick from wrecking you is to play lots of Gravestone zombies, as they cannot be affected by it until the turn after they are played, but then you have to watch out for Grave Buster.
You can also play lots of zombies with 3 strength or less, though later in the game, this strategy becomes less reliable. If you want to play a zombie with at least 4 strength but want to prevent it from being destroyed by this trick, you can use Teleport to play it in the Zombie Tricks phase.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Shamrocket.
- Its description is a reference to the idiom "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."
- It is the only plant event trick card.
- In the Russian version and other localized versions of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, this card has a mistake in the statistics, stating that this trick destroys a plant with 4 or more.
- This could possibly be because it uses the same code as Rocket Science.
- It, Power Pummel and Iceberg Lettuce are the only leafy tricks.
- Coincidentally, both it and Power Pummel are in the Guardian class.
- It is the third pinecone card in the game, alongside Pineclone and Sap-Fling.
- It is also the only pinecone card in the Guardian class.
- During development, it looked more like a rocket than a pinecone.