Shadow Flower is a Super Rare variant of Sunflower in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She is able to fire her primary weapon faster than other Sunflowers, but it also has a slightly longer reload time.
The Shadow Flower works from the darkness, righting wrongs and singing songs-her mask disguises her true Sunflower heritage.
Shadow Flower's dark energy allows her to fire faster than other Sunflowers!
AI Health(GW2 only)
Dark Energy is the primary weapon of Shadow Flower; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 8 and the critical is 10.
- The max DPS at close range is 66.7.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 8 and the critical is 10.
- The max DPS at middle range is 66.7.
- The base long range damage per hit is 7 and the critical is 9.
- The max DPS at long range is 60.0.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The ammo in a clip is 60.
- The reload time is 2.6 seconds.
- The projectile speed is medium.
- The weapon is full auto.
- The bloom is low.
The Shadow Flower's primary weapon is the Dark Energy. It deals slightly less damage than the standard Sun Pulse at around 7 to 8 impact and 8 to 9 critical damage. It compensates for this by having a faster rate of fire but it has less range and a larger damage drop off.
Heal Beam allows the Sunflower to heal nearby plants.
Sunbeam plants the Sunflower down and shoots a powerful sunbeam that deals seven impact damage and eight critical damage.
With Heal Flower, the Sunflower deploys a Heal Flower that can heal all plants near it.
Rainbow Heal Beam
An alternate ability of Heal Beam, Rainbow Heal Beam does not do anything different from its normal ability; it is merely a cosmetic difference.
Solar Flare Beam
An alternate ability of Sunbeam, Solar Flare Beam is more powerful than Sunbeam and deals 10 impact damage and 12 critical damage. It has less ammo than Sunbeam and takes a bit longer to start shooting the beam.
Rainbow Heal Flower
Another alternate ability of Heal Flower, the Rainbow Heal Flower constantly gives out healing sun but gives out one at a time. Exclusive to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
Shadowy Reload Technique
This shadowy technique allows the collection of light in a way that helps her reload faster.
Dark Energy Collector
Dark energy storage allows for higher ammo capacity.
Accelerated dark matter particles increase damage.
The Shadow Flower is basically a Sunflower with a faster fire-rate, at the cost of reload speed. It relies on getting quite close to targets due to its high damage drop-off. Sunflowers are most effective when within close proximity of teammates so that they can heal them. Shadow Flower can outshoot most Foot Soldiers in 1v1s, that doesn't mean that she is perfect. Try to time your reloads so that you aren't caught off gaurd with only half a clip left. Reloading everytime you vanquish a Zombie player is recommended (unless there are multiple Zombies in the area in which case, don't stop shooting until your clip is empty). While reloading, try to jump around to make it difficult for Zombies to vanquish you. You are most vulnerable when reloading.
The Shadow Flower is not to be underestimated. Her high damage output compensates for for low health. When trying to vanquish a Shadow Flower, make sure to NOT run in a straight line towards her. Deal with her as you would a default Sunflower and you should be fine. Engineers are great Sunflower counters, as they are able to damage groups of plants at a time.
- ▲ Increased all Sunflower Variants HP by 10
- She has a stereotypical robber mask, a reference to how burglars usually "hide in the shadows" from authorities.
- If her mask (called "Dark Sunflower Mask" in-game) is removed through customization, her eyes will be revealed to be visually similar to Mystic Flower's, except for the white glow.
- They are also similar to the Plasma Pea's eyes.
- Her bottom leaves had been redesigned in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 to match her appearance.
- Her eyes are now sky blue, and she blinks more rather than blinking halfway.