Sergeant Strongberry is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. He costs 4 to play, and has 4/4. He does not have any traits, and his ability does 2 more damage to a zombie or the zombie hero whenever another berry card does damage. This ability persists until all Sergeant Strongberries are removed from the field.
His appearance could be based on a sergeant or a coach. The "Strongberry" part of his name is a portmanteau of "strong" and "Strawberry."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.
- ▲ Strength change: 2 → 4
- ▲ Health change: 2 → 3
- Ability change: Berries have double Strength. → When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.
- Ability only accounted for ability-based damage, not battle damage.
- ▼ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero no longer activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability.
- ▲ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability once again.
- ▲ Ability change: Now accounts for battle damage as well as ability damage.
- Ability reworded: When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage. → When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
- ▼ Mechanic change: The Super-Block Meter is now capable of completely stopping an attack loop between multiple Sergeant Strongberries.
- ▲ Health change: 3 → 4
Sergeant Strongberry on his own has average stats for his cost of 4 sun. However, he is unable to activate his ability by himself, so he requires other berries to be very effective. Sergeant Strongberry really shines in a deck that has a lot of berry cards in it, as when played with him on the field, he can dish out a lot of additional damage. It is recommended to carry Berry Blast, Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb and/or Grapes of Wrath with this, as they are all berries that trigger Sergeant Strongberry's ability. Bluesberry is also useful as it can do 2 damage to a zombie or zombie hero, plus another 2 damage with the Sergeant Strongberry. As for most synergetic cards, only bring this into your deck if you have at least 2 or more different berries in your deck.
However, when there are two Sergeant Strongberries on the field, using Berry Blast on your opponent can allow two Sergeant Strongberries to continuously do damage to the zombie hero until the zombie hero blocks an attack from one. This can also be useful once the zombie hero is out of Super-Blocks, allowing the loop can finish the game off risk-free. You can also use this tactic against tough zombies like Undying Pharaoh, Octo Zombie, or Zombot 1000 to easily destroy them as long as there are two or more Sergeant Strongberries on the field.
Countering this plant is not too hard, as long as there are no other berries besides himself. Most zombie cards can destroy this plant fairly easily. Rocket Science can destroy him in one hit, but cannot hit other berries with less than 4 strength due to his ability not increasing direct strength. However, be careful if he stays longer on the board, as Kabloom heroes will be able to destroy many zombies or damage you using berry cards, especially using Sour Grapes, so be sure to destroy this plant as soon as possible.
If you see two Sergeant Strongberries, be sure to destroy at least one of them very quickly. Otherwise, your opponent can cause an exploit to do continuous damage to zombies on field with a cycle of Sergeant Strongberries constantly doing damage. This can even work on heroes, meaning that the loop will continue until your opponent gets a Super-Block from one of the Sergeant Strongberries. However, if you have a rather beefy zombie in play such as Undying Pharaoh or Wannabe Hero, they will be destroyed by the loop, so keep that in mind.
- He is one of two plant cards whose eyes are not visible. The other is Punish-Shroom.
- Coincidently, they are both in the Kabloom class.
- His ability has been changed more times than any other fighter with an ability.
- He and Grapes of Wrath are the only berry plants with a rarity of Super-Rare.
- Coincidently, both are in the Kabloom class.
- He is one of the three plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes to have glasses. The others are Sting Bean and Bean Counter.
- Out of these, he is the only one that is not in the bean tribe.