Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Abilities||When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.|
|He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.|
Sergeant Strongberry is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom plants. It costs 4, and has 4/3. Its ability causes it to do 2 damage to any zombie damaged by a berry card's ability.
Its appearance could be based on a sergeant or a coach. The "Strongberry" part of its name is a portmanteau of "strong" and "Strawberry."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Ability: When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 4.
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 3
- Ability change: "Berries have double Strength" → "When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage."
- Direct damage to hero no longer triggers Strongberry's ability.
Sergeant Strongberry on its own is relatively glassy, having only 3 health for it cost of 4 sun. It is unable to activate its ability by itself, so it requires other berries to be very effective. Sergeant Strongberry really shines in a deck that has a lot of berry cards in it, as when played with him on the field, it can dish out a lot of additional damage. It is recommended to carry Berry Blast, Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb and/or Grapes of Wrath with this, as they are all berries that trigger Sergeant Strongberry's ability. Bluesberry is also useful as it can do 2 damage to a zombie or zombie hero, plus another 2 damage with the Sergeant Strongberry although its ability will not be triggered when Bluesberry hurts the zombie hero. As for most synergetic cards, only bring this into your deck if you have at least 2 or more different berries in your deck.
Countering this plant is not too hard, as long as there are no other berries besides itself. Most zombie cards can destroy this plant fairly easily. Rocket Science can destroy it in one hit, but cannot hit other berries with less than 4 strength due to its ability not increasing direct strength. However, be careful if it stays longer on the board, as Kaboom heroes will be able to destroy many zombies using berry cards, especially using Sour Grapes, so be sure to destroy this plant as soon as possible.
- It is one of two plant cards whose eyes are not visible.
- The other is Punish-Shroom.
- Prior to the 1.8.23 update, Sergeant Strongberry's ability counts other Sergeant Strongberries' damages. This could be exploited to get an instant win if there are 2 or more Sergeant Strongberries on the lawn: any damage to the zombie hero from a berry will cause the Sergeant Strongberries to activate their abilities, each of them activating the others, draining the zombie hero's health to 0. Even if the zombie hero gets a Super-Block, the Sergeant Strongberries will continue to do damage. It will do this unless all but one is blocked by first placed Trash Can Zombies, Knight of the Living Dead, zombies protected by Zombie Coach, or gets destroyed by a superpower. This now only affects teammates to prevent an easy victory, though this exploit can be used to destroy stronger zombies.