Sergeant Strongberry is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 4 to play, and has 4/3. It does not have any traits, and its ability does 2 damage on its lane every time a zombie or the zombie hero takes damage from any berry card. This ability persists until all Sergeant Strongberries are removed from the field.
Its appearance could be based on a sergeant or a coach. The "Strongberry" part of its name is a portmanteau of "strong" and "Strawberry."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 4
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 3
- Ability change: Berries have double Strength. → When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.
- Ability only accounted for ability-based damage, not battle damage.
- ▼ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero no longer activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability.
- ▲ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability once again.
- ▲ Ability change: Now accounts for battle damage as well as ability damage.
- ▼ Ability change: Any berry cards excluding Sergeant Strongberry that damages the zombie hero now activate its ability.
- Ability change: When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage. → When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
Sergeant Strongberry on its own is relatively glassy, having only 3 health for it cost of 4 sun. It is unable to activate its ability by itself, so it requires other berries to be very effective. Sergeant Strongberry really shines in a deck that has a lot of berry cards in it, as when played with him on the field, it can dish out a lot of additional damage. It is recommended to carry Berry Blast, Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb and/or Grapes of Wrath with this, as they are all berries that trigger Sergeant Strongberry's ability. Bluesberry is also useful as it can do 2 damage to a zombie or zombie hero, plus another 2 damage with the Sergeant Strongberry. As for most synergetic cards, only bring this into your deck if you have at least 2 or more different berries in your deck.
If you have 2 Sergeant Strongberries, you can play both of them on the field and use a berry card like Berry Blast on the zombie hero. This will in turn do continuous damage to the zombie hero until it drains down to zero without being able to block it. However, it does not work if one Sergeant Strongberry normal attacks the zombie hero, so you need Berry Blast or Bluesberry to do damage to the zombie hero in order to activate it, but only if there are 2 Sergeant Strongberries on board.
Countering this plant is not too hard, as long as there are no other berries besides itself. Most zombie cards can destroy this plant fairly easily. Rocket Science can destroy it in one hit, but cannot hit other berries with less than 4 strength due to its ability not increasing direct strength. However, be careful if it stays longer on the board, as Kaboom heroes will be able to destroy many zombies or damage you using berry cards, especially using Sour Grapes, so be sure to destroy this plant as soon as possible. If you see 2 Sergeant Strongberries, be should to destroy it very quick. Otherwise, the plant hero can cause an exploit to do continuous damage to the zombie hero with a cycle of Sergeant Strongberries constantly dealing damage. However, you may want to beware of turn 10, since your opponent may suddenly play the combo immediately with no way to counter it.
- It is one of two plant cards whose eyes are not visible. The other is Punish-Shroom.
- Coincidently, they are both Kabloom Plants.