|Abilities||When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.|
|He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.|
Sergeant Strongberry is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 4 to play, and has 4/3. It does not have any traits, and its ability does 2 more damage to a zombie or the zombie hero whenever another berry does damage. This ability persists until all Sergeant Strongberries are removed from the field.
Its appearance could be based on a sergeant or a coach. The "Strongberry" part of its name is a portmanteau of "strong" and "Strawberry."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's intense, sure. But he just wants the berries to be all they can be.
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 4
- ▲ Stats change: 2 → 3
- Ability change: Berries have double Strength. → When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.
- Ability only accounted for ability-based damage, not battle damage.
- ▼ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero no longer activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability.
- ▲ Ability change: Direct damage to the zombie hero activates Sergeant Strongberry's ability once again.
- ▲ Ability change: Now accounts for battle damage as well as ability damage.
- Ability reworded: When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage. → When another Berry hurts a Zombie or Zombie Hero, Sergeant Strongberry does 2 more damage to it.
- ▼ Mechanic change: The Super-Block Meter is now capable of completely stopping an attack loop between multiple Sergeant Strongberries.
Sergeant Strongberry on its own is relatively glassy, having only 3 health for it cost of 4 sun. It is unable to activate its ability by itself, so it requires other berries to be very effective. Sergeant Strongberry really shines in a deck that has a lot of berry cards in it, as when played with him on the field, it can dish out a lot of additional damage. It is recommended to carry Berry Blast, Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb and/or Grapes of Wrath with this, as they are all berries that trigger Sergeant Strongberry's ability. Bluesberry is also useful as it can do 2 damage to a zombie or zombie hero, plus another 2 damage with the Sergeant Strongberry. As for most synergetic cards, only bring this into your deck if you have at least 2 or more different berries in your deck.
Countering this plant is not too hard, as long as there are no other berries besides itself. Most zombie cards can destroy this plant fairly easily. Rocket Science can destroy it in one hit, but cannot hit other berries with less than 4 strength due to its ability not increasing direct strength. However, be careful if it stays longer on the board, as Kabloom heroes will be able to destroy many zombies or damage you using berry cards, especially using Sour Grapes, so be sure to destroy this plant as soon as possible.
If you see 2 Sergeant Strongberries, be sure to destroy at least one of them very quickly. Otherwise, your opponent can cause an exploit to do continuous damage to zombies on field with a cycle of Sergeant Strongberries constantly doing damage. This, however, does not work on heroes, meaning that the loop will end upon blocking an attack from Sergeant Strongberry. However, if you have a rather beefy zombie in play such as Undying Pharaoh or Wannabe Hero, they will be destroyed by the loop.
- It is one of two plant cards whose eyes are not visible. The other is Punish-Shroom.
- Coincidently, they are both in the Kabloom class.
- Its ability has been changed more times than other fighters with abilities.
- It and Grapes of Wrath are the only berry plants with a rarity of Super-Rare.
- Coincidently, both are in the Kabloom class.
- It is one of the three plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes to have glasses. The others are Sting Bean and Bean Counter.