Seagull Zombie is the second zombie introduced in Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It flies at a fast speed above low plants, such as Iceberg Lettuce, Spikeweed, Spikerock, and Potato Mine, and can fly above water. It will die instantly if it is hit by butter, making Kernel-pults a potentially useful way to deal with them. Because they are airborne zombies, they can be blown away by Blovers and Hurrikales.
Crosses watery gaps without a plank and flies over low plants.
Special: passes over low plants like spikeweed and iceberg lettuce
Seagull Zombie has racked up the frequent flier miles and dreams of going to the top of colleges in the world on a cerebral gastronomy vacation.
Troop Capacity: 2
Training Cost: 15
Wanting to use ropes to catch seagulls, he accidentally ties himself up, and a seagull comes to pick him up. With this, Seagull Zombie announced the skill of flying.Pleague Pharmacy effect: Throws a bomb at low plants.
Dark Ages: Piñata Party
Big Wave Beach: Piñata Party
Battlez: Dandelion's Brainstorm Tournament
The Seagull Zombie is a fast zombie, which makes defensive plants, such as Wall-nuts and Tall-nuts, necessary to delay them when in big numbers. Iceberg Lettuces do not stop them, as the Seagull Zombie simply hovers over low plants. It is also not recommended to use Sap-fling, because the Seagull Zombie will fly over the sap. There is a chance to kill the zombie in one hit with a Kernel-pult's butter, but that cannot be relied on all the time (if necessary, use Plant Food). Seagull Zombies are particularly fragile in comparison to most other Pirate Seas zombies, so a strong enough defense on a lane will be suffice enough to kill them. You might want to use a Blover or Hurrikale if you want to destroy these zombies when they come in massive numbers. If it comes early, the best thing to do is to delay with Wall-nut while you are building your sun production, so it can save you a lot of time. Then, once you have enough sun production, you can blow them away with Blover or Hurrikale, but be warned, as there is a chance that a Gargantuar Pirate or other dangerous zombies might appear if you do this in higher levels of Dead Man's Booty. The Shrinking Violet can kill a 3x3 area of these by shrinking their seagull into oblivion, causing them to drop instantly.
In this game, you must destroy the incoming Seagull Zombies to reach Penny's target score. More than one will give you more points when using one of the Coconut Cannons. Try not to overuse one of them or you may miss a Seagull Zombie and possibly fail the level due to not reaching Penny's score. Try to shoot at them when the zombies are very close to each other.
- Seagull Zombie will not target the player's house in Cannons Away. Instead, it will fly around and then go away after a while.
- Because the Seagull Zombie does not have a degrade form, it does not lose its arm when it is damaged.
- If the player kills a Seagull Zombie by hitting it with butter from a Kernel-pult, they will earn the achievement Pat the Birdy.
- When a Seagull Zombie eats a Chili Bean, the paralyzing gas will come from the head.
- When the Seagull Zombie is killed by a Bloomerang, Coconut Cannon or Melon-pult, it will make a unique noise.
- Although it is immune to low plants, lawn mowers can still kill it. The same goes with other flying zombies.
- Seagull Zombie, Imp variants, Barrel Roller Zombie, Prospector Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, Jetpack Zombie, Disco Jetpack Zombie, Blastronaut Zombie, and Pelican Zombie are the only zombies in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that fall backwards when they die.
- As it seems, the seagull is not a zombie since it does not attack the plants. However, its eyes are very similar to those of the Zombie Chicken, Zombie Parrot and Dolphin Rider Zombie's dolphin.
- Whenever this zombie dies, the seagull will be released from grabbing the peg leg of this zombie, while also making noise and flying away. However, when Seagull Zombie is hit by butter, the seagull will not fly away. Instead, it will fall into water or ground, covered in butter.
- Its toughness should be Solid, while it is currently Average.
- The squawking noise of Seagull Zombie can also be heard in the background in Big Wave Beach, although the noises are sometimes not produced by the Seagull Zombie.
- In the Chinese version, when a Seagull Zombie is defeated, the seagull does not fly away but disappear suddenly instead.
- Although the Spikeweed is unlocked after first encountering the Seagull Zombie, Seagull Zombie's Almanac entry mentions it.
- It is the first zombie to use a bird as a mode of transportation. The second is the Dodo Rider Zombie and the third is the Bird Rider Zombie.
- It, Pelican Zombie, Jetpack Zombie, Blastronaut Zombie, Bug Zombie, and Balloon Zombie are the only zombies that cannot be dragged by Grimrose.
- When it is burned, the charred figure will appear to be standing upright.
- This is also true if the zombie was burned while flying over the water.