(translation: Flying Saucer Zucchini)
|Unlocked||Collecting 10 Saucer Puzzle Pieces|
Everyone always mistakes Saucer as an alien, but they slowly discover that it just doesn't integrate with them because its too shy. However, don't make him angry, being shone on by its light is not a good thing.
Saucer (飞碟瓜; pinyin: fēidié guā) is the fifth plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Similar to Stunion, it stuns zombies for around 10 seconds and then flies away. If the Saucer is level 2, it can captures low health zombies while it captures higher health zombies if it is level 3.
Although referred as a zucchini in-game, Saucer is more similar to Cucurbita pepo, better known as pumpkin. Its body is based on a flying saucers, also known as flying disc. It is a term for a supposed type of described flying craft with a disc or saucer-shaped body, commonly used generically to refer to any anomalous flying object. Its eyes resemble alien's eyes in general descriptions.
Sun cost: 25
Saucer emits light to capture zombies close to it.
Plant feature: yellow plant, flying plant, alien
Everyone always mistakes Saucer as an alien, but they slowly discover that it just doesn't integrate with them because its too shy. However, don't make him angry, being shone on by its light is not an easy thing.
Plant Food effect
The stunning effect lasts twice as long.
Just like Stunion, Saucer is a good plant to stall zombies. Because Stunion is not an airborne plant, the player should use Saucer if the player is playing Sky City, as they have the same sun cost. In other areas however, Stunion should be used due to its recharging speed.
However, a level 2 or 3 Saucer with the capture ability usually means it is more worthwhile to bring it along over Stunion.
- It, Pumpkin, Jack O' Lantern, Smashing Pumpkin and Pumpkin Witch are the only plants based on pumpkins.
- It is the only pumpkin plant not to have a carved out face.
- It is based on a typical alien UFO.
- Despite being referred as a zucchini in-game, it's appearance is more pumpkin-like.
- In its Puzzle Piece as well as the seed packet, it seems to be frowning for unknown reasons.
- If it is frozen while stunning in Frostbite Caves, it will appear above the ice block, however, it is still frozen.
- Apparently, it can be hit by bullets while stunning zombies, it can die and instantly end the stunning progress earlier.
- If the player digs it up just as the stunning effect ends, the player will get a small amount of sun back from the shovel power-up.
- It also works in the middle of the stunning. The stunning effect will however persist, ending only at the normal duration of around 10 seconds.